Carb intake....

I know this question has prob. been asked a million times. I want to know if I am taking in to little carbs a day. I usually have between 30-35 carbs a day.

Replies

• wow you have some self control I usually eat 25-35 for breakfast how do you do it? as for your orginal question doesn't the tab on here tell you how many carbd to eat. Mine says like 100-125 or something like that.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    I am on a low carb diet and I still get at least 50-60. You should up it a little bit.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I prefer a lower carb diet, but that still means 80-100g a day. I think 30 would be far too low unless yo'ure doing Atkins induction for a short period of time. I don't think its something you could or would want to maintain for too long.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    I try and stay under 50g/day. I pay more attention to my protein intake - I shoot for 150g per day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I know this question has prob. been asked a million times. I want to know if I am taking in to little carbs a day. I usually have between 30-35 carbs a day.

Carbs are non essential so no real worries there, that being said many operate and feel better on a higher amount of carbs. Also low carb diets have no metabolic advantage
  • Haha, it takes a lot of control! I LOVE pasta and bread! It does tell me but I am on a low carb diet and I dont really think that is taking in consideration my diet. I have read diff things about how many carbs to have but I wanted to know if anyone else had suggestions.
  • Thanks everyone I appreciate the answers!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    It's probably ok for a short time but not for a long term lifestyle. Are you able to eat sufficient veggies? any low sugar fruit? Can you get enough fiber with that few carbs? I follow South Beach and usually eat around 100-120 carbs.
  • Sounds fine for weight loss I normally shoot for under 50, though once I hit my maintain weight I can imagine I could get adequate calories unless I eat at least 100 grams of carbs all ready eating all the protein and fat I can :P
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    I eat 45 - 50% carbs a day :)