What do you eat/drink before a good workout?

Options
I would like to see what people who work out at least 5-6 times a week eat/drink before a good (1-2 hour) workout. I'm looking for what keeps you full and pumps you full of energy to last through a workout routine. I've been doing my 2 cups water, coffee, oatmeal, or coffee, fruit and yogurt. Tomorrow I'll be trying protein powder mixed with Skim Milk and an oatmeal to see which works better. What's your routine? Really looking forward to see what works for other people! Thanks! :)

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I take a Nature Valley Oat's and Dark Chocolate bar (I am a diabetic and need a boost on carbs b4 my workout) and I take a 32 oz. Gatorade G series low calorie grape (Perform) drink. This powers me through my workout... I do like the pecan crunch bars and the Peanut butter crunch bars as well.....
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. If I'm working out in the morning I have my coffee, an equal amount of water (or more), and usually one or two pieces of fruit and this has been keeping me going through my workouts. I then have either a protein meal replacement shake, or a lunch consisting of a lot of veggies and an egg or two afterwards. This system definitely works for me- I always feel so energetic after my workouts!! I love it!
  • Krissi72
    Krissi72 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm borderline diabetic so the extra carbs may help me too! Thanks for replying and AMAZING JOB on the 295 lb. loss. You're such an inspiration to us all! :)
  • monty_williams
    Options
    Whey protein isolate and unsweetened almond milk.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I tend to not eat anything before, as I normally go straight from work

Sometimes i will have a protein shake afterwards but normally have a bath then make tea
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Banana and small fat free yogurt, and on a long run (longer than an hour) I will eat a frozen yogurt tube...
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I try for around a 500 calorie breakfast with a mix of carbs and protein. Items of choice are oatmeal, banana, yogurt, cheese, whole wheat bread, egg substitute, whole grain cereals with skim milk.. I change from day to day. I may try to get some healthy fats in as well. I just seem to feel good on my workout when I get around that 500 calorie level. After the workout I drink a glass of Whey Protein.
  • cooter2533
    Options
    ACG3 PRE Workout before heavy lifting sessions, besides that nothin special