A year & 45lbs lost, I can't see any difference?

Options
Can't believe I'm posting these but....
This is me in January 19th 2011 at 210lbs.
tumblr_lyom46h2Pb1r8md3yo1_500.jpg

This is me in May 2011 at around 220-225lbs This is the photo that jolted me into losing weight.
tumblr_lyol0ntQ2u1r8md3yo1_400.jpg

This was taken on Friday, I'm now 175lbs
tumblr_lyom46h2Pb1r8md3y

I really can't see a difference, I've gone down from a UK 18-20 to a UK 16, that's nothing & I feel like a failure.

Okay, had ago at resizing the pics.

Replies

• bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Really? you cant see the difference?! You look a lot slimmer in the bottom picture, I mean it is cut off some, but your whole body seems leaner, I would not think seeing the middle pic and the bottom pic was the same person, your body def looks diff to me :) good job girl!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Really? you cant see the difference?! You look a lot slimmer in the bottom picture, I mean it is cut off some, but your whole body seems leaner, I would not think seeing the middle pic and the bottom pic was the same person, your body def looks diff to me :) good job girl!

Wow, thanks!
  • navytx
    navytx Posts: 2
    Options
    do not get down on yourself I can tell you doing alsome don't give up you just in a little down mood ok keep it up
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You look amazing... Just remember we are our worst critics and even though we might not see the biggest difference. Others do..

Good joB!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really can't see a difference
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Your back fat, love handles, and what I lovingly call the *kitten* shelf, is gone. This is why measuring tapes are fantastic.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really can't see a difference

OMG. You, my friend, need a new mirror. You look fab!
    Take a minute to enjoy your success as your hard work has paid off!
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    dont your clothes fit differently? ...
    apparently we all see a difference.
  • cathiehanson
    Options
    Wow! We have the same problem!!!! It seems to be all in one place, our stomach. Even when I lose some pounds it must go from my earlobes and toes cause that middle part looks just the same. Even your cat looks like mine. Also, I could use a weight loss friend - are you available?

Thanks,

Cathie Hanson
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    dont your clothes fit differently? ...
    apparently we all see a difference.

No, my clothes fit the same :/
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the mind needs to catch up with the body...Perhaps you don't see it because you are not at your goal yet, but there is a physical difference! You have done a fabulous job dropping 50 pounds, this is fantastic. Be kind to yourself, tell your mind to thank your body for responding to your efforts by saying good bye to 50 pounds. Don't stop what your doing, it will happen you will see the difference and I am certain you feel the difference!
  • Crazyjoe11
    Options
    You look so much leaner and younger in the latest photos - well done!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
  • may18052007
    Options
    :noway: You look great-AND you can see a difference. The 2nd pic shows a lot smaller you than the 1st. Were you 'looking' in the mirror?? only joking :laugh: . You look amazing. :happy:
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Wow! We have the same problem!!!! It seems to be all in one place, our stomach. Even when I lose some pounds it must go from my earlobes and toes cause that middle part looks just the same. Even your cat looks like mine. Also, I could use a weight loss friend - are you available?

Thanks,

Cathie Hanson

Yeah, my stomach never seems to shrink!
    & sure I'll add you.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell that there's a difference! Despite that your arm is against your torso in the after and your arm is extend in the before, your after arm looks much slender. Your stomach is indeed much smaller.. yes, there is definitely a difference.

Take a step back, put the pictures side by side on your screen. I think you are being too hard on yourself!
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are crazy!!

You look fantastic!

The middle to the top is a great transformation! The top to the bottom you look like you've definitely become more lean. Don't be so hard on yourself because you have lost a huge chunk of weight and you should be proud of that!
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes you look slimmer. Are you tall? I am and it's hard for me to tell the difference also when I loose weight.
  • superdoof
    superdoof Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference, you look great. Well done 45lbs is no mean feat!

You mention your dress size hasn't changed much...for what it's worth my opinion on this is.....

We **squeeze** into the larger clothes even though we could use a larger size until we realise we need to do something about it. Then our clothes become more comfortable, then loose, then we drop a size, they're a but tight, then comfortable, then loose.....you see the pattern? 3 states to each dress size!
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Yes you look slimmer. Are you tall? I am and it's hard for me to tell the difference also when I loose weight.

I'm 5'7.