17 day diet?

Options
Where do you find out how to do it and does it work?

Replies

• Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it I'm afraid. But it sounds like a quick fix type diet?

In my opinion these never work long term. Much better is to consider your weight loss journey as a lifestyle change rather than a diet that you will do for a period of time and then go ack to "normal" eating (the very eating that caused you to put weight on in the past).
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    What do you do on the 18th day?
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What do you do on the 18th day?

You're screwed.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The 17 day diet is a book you can get at the official website, it think it's "17daydiet.com" or you can find it at some book stores. I bought the book and read it and it didn't sound like it was for me. It's an exericse and eating plan that works in 4 17-day cycles that you work through that it supposed to help you lose weight "quickly and safely" it is very low-carb/no-carb so it's definitely not for everyone.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You have to buy the book and you just keep cycling through the 17 days. A lady I work with did it and she has only probably kept ten of the pounds off that she lost. It didn't look like a good plan in my opinion.

Eat what you want just exercise and stay within the calorie goal =]
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Any time I see any kind of number and the word diet, I say, "STAY THE HELL AWAY." It's a temporary fix and doesn't address the long term issues of learning how to eat right and become physically active. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off do it by slowly losing the weight, learning to eat right, and moving your rear end. There's no crash diet, pill, drug or alien abduction that will solve this problem outside of eating well and exercising.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 365 day/year every year lifestyle change diet. :flowerforyou:
  • exotike
    Options

hehe, this ! =):heart:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Can I get that at Walmart?
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Is this another one of those housewife diets?
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm on the year 3, still have 85 pounds to lose 'diet.' If this ain't a lifestyle, I don't know what is ♥