Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    480 calories is not that bad,seems a normal amount for lunch
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That is truly inspiring! Good job! You are going to ace this challenge from start to finish! WTG!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Thats what I thought too.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I usually eat more :blushing:
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV!!! Great job recognizing the choice to stay on track. half now, half later. and no hurt feelings for momma =)
  • Strobins05
    Options
    So today my mom came over and bought me lunch a grilled chicken ceasar wrap from Wawa. It looked so good and I thought how bad can it be? Wraps are supposed to be healthy rite? Wrong!!! Looked on the back and there was a whopping 480 cal! OMG so what now do I tell my mom I don't want it or just scarf it all down and hate myself later. Than I had an epiphany "I don't have to eat the whole thing" now for me thats a big deal because I have never met a pint of Ben n Jerry's that I couldn't finish in one sitting. So I ate half with an orange and a bottled water and I was satisfied. This is a major milestone in my weight loss journey.
    This is a great NSV indeed.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with 480 calories?
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That shows how much self-restraint and willpower you have. Definitely commendable.

And then, you get to enjoy the yumminess a SECOND time!!! :)
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I had a similar moment, my epiphany wasn't the realisation that I could eat half of it, my epiphany was realising how many calories (and carbs) are in tortilla wraps. Way more than I expected!

After I cut them out of my lunchtime and replaced them with a tin of heinz big soup for lunch instead, I saved almost half of my lunch calories, from around 600 down to about 300.

BUT

I find that I've saved too many calories. Now I end up having to snack at the end of the day so Ithat 'm not too far under target. So I guess I'd agree with the other commenters, saying that although the wraps may have more calories than you expected, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Don't fear the calories! Less isn't always better.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I just had almost 2x that much for lunch. It was delicious.
  • goobear3
    Options
    Good choice! That's what they say to do when you go out to eat too...put half of it aside before you even start eating!
  • JulieJacobus
    JulieJacobus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For some, 480 isn't that many calories. For others,(like me) 480 is nearly 1/2 of our daily calories. I have to spread out my calorie intake throughout the day. 200 to 300 or so 5 to 6 times per day on the days that I am not active seems to be the best for me.

Good job on the epiphany and keep up the good work!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    For some, 480 isn't that many calories. For others,(like me) 480 is nearly 1/2 of our daily calories. I have to spread out my calorie intake throughout the day. 200 to 300 or so 5 to 6 times per day on the days that I am not active seems to be the best for me.

Good job on the epiphany and keep up the good work!

Well said!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Wraps have too good of a reputation...the tortilla around a chipotle burrito is 290 cal -- just by itself!

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx

OhMyGoodness! How funny you posted this! I *just* came from Chipotle, was logging my burrito and was shocked to discover these calories!!! I was thinking, maybe, 30 calories for the tortilla. Nope. It's 290
  • JanieJack
    Options
    what is a wawa

Wawa is the most amazing gas station/convenience store I've ever seen. One of the things I miss about DC/Jersey. There's nothing in LA like a Wawa.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Than I had an epiphany "I don't have to eat the whole thing" now for me thats a big deal

Awesome!

As someone who hates to throw out food, I totally understand this epiphany!!! Sometimes you just want a taste of something, or people give it to you and you don't want to offend, or your friends go out to eat at a place where nothing is good for your body.

Congratulations
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i remember when that happened to me! it does wonders!! and also, being able to buy lunch and dinner at once is awesome! :D
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement it means so much.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    what is a wawa ?, congratulation on exercizing mind control over manners
    Thanks a lot and Wawa is a convience store
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    What's wrong with 480 calories?
    My daily goal is a little over 1200 and I'm trying to spread it out over 4 meals and snacks so that I don't get hungry during thru out the day