Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Acorn Squash PICS :D

Options
Thought I would share this recipe I made in my food lab last week! It is DELICIOUS :D

FxCam_1328045504107.jpg

Ingredients:

* 1 acorn squash
* 1 cooking apple, diced
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp butter

Directions:

* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
* Cut squash in half and remove seeds
* Place squash cut side down in a baking dish large enough to allow contact between the cut surface of the squash and the bottom of the dish
* Pour Boiling water to 1/4 inch depth around squash, and bake uncovered for 35 minutes
*After 35 minutes invert squash and fill center with mixture of apple, brown sugar, and butter.
* Continue Baking, uncovered, until apple and squash are tender, about 40 additional minutes

Nutritional Information

*This will vary depending on ingredients used and size of squash. For mine I used I can't believe it's not butter light with olive oil, and a golden delicious apple.

Mine came out to:
365 calories, 3g of protein, 5g of fat, 84g of carbs, and 17g of fiber = for the entire thing!

For just one half of the squash: 182 calories, 1.5g of protein, 2.5g of fat, 42g of carbs, and 8.5g of fiber.

Enjoy!

Begin:
FxCam_1328039951242.jpg

Halfway:
FxCam_1328042818643.jpg

Done!
FxCam_1328045496998.jpg

Sorry pictures are not all that great - taken with my phone xD

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Looks great!!!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    YUM! I just had this last night...minus the apple. Definitely need to try out this version.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks girrrl!! :D
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    yumm. :D
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    I made this last week, just added some walnuts and it was heavenly! So delicious.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I have tried it stuffed with apple sausage, walnuts, and just brown sugar/butter

After trying this in cooking lab this is my favorite! The apple just mixes so well :D
  • DownHillCrusg
    DownHillCrusg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This looks so good! Gonna try it soon!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This looks and sounds delicious. Thank you so much for sharing the photos as well as the recipe!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    So I was just thinking about how good this would be if you added some pecans :) Yum!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    So I was just thinking about how good this would be if you added some pecans :) Yum!

You know I almost did that! I was at the store and thinking that added pecans would be delish! Maybe with a tiny bit of caramel sauce when it came out of the oven :D hmm....
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have always wondered about these squash...I think I may have to give this a try.

Bump
  • ccb1128
    ccb1128 Posts: 56
    Options
    This looks wonderful; I can't wait to try it!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Looks great!

And I just so happen to have an acorn squash in my fridge,guess what I'm making for dinner tomorrow night!:wink:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump:bigsmile:
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    How is it left over for the next day?
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That. Looks. AMAZING. Will be making that with pork chops tomorrow night. Thank you for sharing!!
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I made this tonight - so delish. It was fabulous with the pork chops and my normally produce-phobic boyfriend ate his half in its entirety. Will definitely have to make again!