What am I doing wrong?

Options
Hey guys,

This is my first post, so I'm hoping somebody out there has the answers for me!

I've been doing myfitnesspal for the past month. I've been generally really good, and most days don't go over the 1200 calories (I'm female, and looking to lose about 10lbs). I exercise 3-4 times a week too.

I can weigh myself in the morning, then a couple of hours later and weight 2lbs did than I did before, and I'm just not losing any weight. I was having quite a lot of bread, so on Friday I decided to cut out bread to see if that makes a difference. It hasn't so far.

Can anybody offer any suggestions? It's getting me down and I'm turning to comfort....
Thanks x

Replies

• Abbrown90
    Options
    Hi,

It seems like we are in a similar situation....VERY SIMILAR! Firstly, just know that we all weigh our least in the morning and the most at night. That's just how our bodies are. So don't worry about the number fluctuating during the day. Secondly, you made a good choice deciding to cut your bread intake. Bread is a BIG no-no (and my BIGGEST weakness lol). Give yourself time. Trying to lose any amount of weight requires patience because it's a slow process. How is your metabolism? Do you eat breakfast every morning; if not, this could be your problem. How many meals do you eat daily? If you're not already, try to eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. Stick to nutritional foods that will ALSO fill you up. Stay encouraged! I'm not where I want to be yet either, and it's been several months for me. However, ever since I've started CONSISTENTLY counting calories with myfitnesspal I've seen better results. Don't give up and don't be too hard on yourself. Good luck and be blessed!
  • santa_nethy
    Options

I know if my metabolism is good or bad, is their a way I can tell? I do have breakfast (switched to bran flakes instead of toast lol) dinner and tea, so 3 main meals.

Thanks for your kind words and advice
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates through out the day.
    Try weighing yourself in the morning after you wake up once a day, not every hour.

You'll just stress yourself out :p
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1) I weigh myself as soon as I am out of bed every Friday and then do not weigh myself at all any other time.

2) 1200 calories is the bare minimum. If you are exercising and working then you need to "eat back" your calories. In other words you are probably not eating enough calories.
  • ZuriMarie
    ZuriMarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was literally going to post the same thing. I have been tracking for a month and working out 4-5 times a week and have only lost 2 pounds. The tracker set my goal at 1500 but to speed up the results I went down to 1300. Still nothing. I read somewhere that If you were not used to working out before (like myself) then your body is building muscle so though you may be burning fat you are gaining muscle so the weight isn't going to change right away. Im praying that that is whats going on with me.
  • InsaneMontae
    InsaneMontae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I dont know how much you weigh or how tall you are, but eating under 1200 calories while working out is probably not the best! maybe you should up your cals and make sure to eat back your workout calories that you burn!!
  • santa_nethy
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm female, 27, 5ft 6 and just over 10 stone, or around 144lbs. I'm only looking to lose 10lbs but it is proving difficult.

A lot of the days I do come under the 1200 (not by much though), except for when I exercise - don't worry I definitely eat more, probably around 1400-1500 calories. I usually burn 300 calories when I work out.

Does this help at all? Thanks, I appreciate your help and support
  • santa_nethy
    Options
    My RMR (metabolic rate) is 1464. I've no idea how this helps when it comes to weight loss though.