Calories Burned using the Wii

Options
Ok right now my only exercise option is if i work out at home and i would love to start doing the exercise routines on my daughter's Just Dance 3 game. Only thing is how would i account for those workouts on here? I saw there is options for Wii Fit and a few others but nothing for dance games or anything like that. Help?

Replies

• ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There are options for "dancing" in general that might work. Also: does the Wii game itself have a calorie tracker? I play Dance Dance Revolution on the Workout Mode and it tracks my calories burned.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hmm.. i'll have to see .. if it does that would be great esp if they account for my weight.. either way this helps..thanks!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Ok right now my only exercise option is if i work out at home and i would love to start doing the exercise routines on my daughter's Just Dance 3 game. Only thing is how would i account for those workouts on here? I saw there is options for Wii Fit and a few others but nothing for dance games or anything like that. Help?

you should try to buy a heart rate monitor from Polar. it will track your calories.
    Most seem to get the Polar FT4 or Polar FT7 :)
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    get a heart rate monitor and log it on here that way by creating the exercise yourself including the amount of time you did it and how many calories you burned. That's what I do when I do P90X
  • PirateJohn
    Options
    I use EA Sports Active for the PS3. It comes with a HR monitor and automatically calculates the calories you have burned by using your weight and HR. Plus, that software kicks my *kitten*.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    HRM is obviously the best bet but I would otherwise put dancing. I have a boxing game that does track your calories burned but I just put my time in as boxing or wii boxing and found the calories to be pretty close to the same so I just track that wii game as wii boxing. I have another one with dance so I'll track that as dance. It's the easiest way to do it without a HRM.