tilapia recipes please!!

Options
2»

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I put on some delicious sauce from Taco Bell, Pam the pan, then throw cheese on top. ;p
  • andreacord
    Options
    I don't have any "recipes" per say but I eat it plain usually, or with half a tsp of olive oil and garlic powder on it. Also surprisingly delish with some spaghetti sauce on it, 1/4 of a cup is usually plenty. =) I'm a college student .. I eat healthy but boring lol
  • careynote
    careynote Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's one from my blog...If you want to see my other recipes, just put 'Chez Carey' into the search box on the home page...
    http://bigforkinmouth.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/chez-carey-glazed-tilapia-and-asian-veggie-stir-fry-over-coconutginger-rice/
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I dump a can of no salt added diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, a can of artichoke hearts and a tsp of capers per filet (I use about 3 filets at a time) and bake!!!

It's so good! You can also put a little goat cheese or feta on top at the end if you want for a few minutes.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I coat my tilapia filets in pan-searing flour from Wegmans; sautee in a bit of olive oil; then top with capers, lemon juice, and a drizzle of butter. Delicious!
  • janahunter
    janahunter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pan Fried Tilapia with White Wine and Capers

1/4 cup(s) white wine, dry
    1/4 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), seeded and chopped
    2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    2 Tbsp capers, drained
    1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked tilapia fillet(s), four 6-oz pieces
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
    1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 Tbsp light butter
    2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
    1 medium lemon(s), cut in wedges (optional)

Instructions
    Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.

Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets lightly in flour, and coat both sides of fillets with cooking spray.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn fillets, and cook 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from pan.

Add wine mixture to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Spoon wine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 2 tablespoons sauce).
  • stflyer
    stflyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you want to be super low cal/carb use parchment paper on the formen grill(your house will not burn down) grill it then add it to a bowl flake it with a fork and add a little taco seasoning
    get some romane take 2-3 leafs like a boat add the fish and any other taco toppings you like really yummy
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes for it is to squeeze lime over it and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook over med heat- about 5 mins or so on each side. For a garnish mix avocado, tomato, red onion and a little lime juice.

This^! Add a tortilla, and make a fish taco! YUM!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I like to make deviled fish - I've done this primarily with cod and haddock, but I'm sure it would work with tilapia as well. These ingredient amounts are just estimates and by no means set in stone, so feel free to tweak according to your own tastes. It takes about 5 minutes to throw together, and is one of my go-to weeknight meals.

1/4 cup bread crumbs
    1 small onion, minced
    1 tsp curry paste
    1 tsp worchestershire sauce
    1 tsp prepared mustard
    salt & pepper to taste
    2 tbsp butter

Melt butter. Combine butter with remaining ingredients. Place fish in lightly greased baking dish and top with bread crumb mixture. Bake at 375 until done (varies with size of fillets, usually between 12 and 20 minutes)
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I put dabs of butter on them, sprinkle with parm and paprika and bake for 20 minutes at 400.
  • mel2nc
    mel2nc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I am a little late to this party, but we have a decent recipe that our kids love

slice and steam zucchini in microwave
    slice tomatoes thinly
    take tilapia and salt/pepper both sides
    Spray a pan and place fish in pan
    Cover with zucchini, tomatoes, salt/pepper, Italian spices, Motzarella cheese (2% milk if possible)

Sometimes I layer the zucchini/tomatoes with the cheese a bit more (like lasagna), but this will work as well. Just be sure to salt/pepper and spice the veggies and the fish. Bake at 400 until done (about 15-20 minutes).
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    A little seasoning and mustard....and bake in the oven. Very plain, but that's what I like. :-)
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my roommate and I had this last night - so good!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-garlic-tilapia/detail.aspx
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Our go-to Tilapia recipe.

chili rubbed tilapia-
    4 tilapia filets
    1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
    1/2 tbsp. old bay seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 tbsp extra light olive oil

combine spices in a bowl. sprinkle and rub all over the filets and set on a piece of parchment paper or a plate. meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium skillet to medium-medium high.
    Add filets and fry about 3-4 minutes per side only turning once. Check that fish flakes easily with a fork and youre done.

I got this recipe from eating well at http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chili_rubbed_tilapia_with_asparagus_lemon.html
    but I tweaked it a little. The web page has the nutrition content BUT it includes asparagus and lemon juice which probably shaves off some of the calories.