Can't find any jeans that fit!

Options
I am so annoyed right now. I have a big belly, that is where most of my fat is. So if I wear size 16 jeans I don't have a muffin top, but the rest of the jeans look like a big bag hanging off of my body. If I wear size 14 jeans they fit everywhere, but I have a HUGE muffin top. It looks horrible.

Sorry, that just really got me down, I hate shopping for pants.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Amen to that. That is exactly my problem and I suspect a lot of women have this problem, only the jeans industry hasn't quite responded to it yet...my solution? Skinny jeans! (Ones that aren't skintight to your ankle.)

Yes, they don't work with tennis shoes if that's what you wear. But they work with flats and boots, and that's enough for me. I'd rather wear boots everyday and have good looking legs than baggy jeans and sneakers. I think a lot of people assume they won't look good on them, and magazines always say "bigger women shouldn't wear skinny jeans." LIES! all my friends rock our skinnies, regardless of our weight.

I wear skinnies the majority of the days. They make my legs look so good. I've also had some good luck with Silvers, for bootcut jeans.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Totally can relate. Ugh...and I have chicken legs and skankles with a linebacker body. Yeah.......finding pants sucks!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are both having the same issue but at the same time, it's good to know I'm not alone!
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    skinny jeans are my new bffs! i've had luck at target finding jeans. jc penny's a.n.a. line also has nice denim. i'm sure bothwill have lots of sales comin up soon. you may also want to find out how much it wld cost to get the waist let out of jeans that fit your legs.

muffin top = bane of my existence!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I don't think my huge calves would fit in skinny jeans! For real, no matter how much weight I lose those things just stay big!
  • jaisaansmommy
    Options
    I have large calves and a muffin top. I wear skinny jeans with a shirt that comes down to my waist. I do know how you feel though. I outgrew my entire closet. I am slowly working my way back into it though. I refuse to buy more clothes. Good luck.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't think my huge calves would fit in skinny jeans! For real, no matter how much weight I lose those things just stay big!

I have huge calves too! They're sold out of most sizes of these but I do love these: http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?productId=prod4900002&categoryId=cat2360002&FLCat=cat1890008&productId=prod4900002&categoryId=cat2360002&addFacet=1002:cat2360002

Fit my calves no problem!
    My number one rule with jeans is to try on anything, even if you hate it on the rack. Just because you think it won't fit doesn't mean it won't or will look bad. It's worth a try!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain :(