Motivation

Options
Ok so when i first joined i was totally motivated and did loose weight how ever recently ive been struggling to stay on track and have found myself eating things i really shouldnt but i just cant resist!

What do you guys do to try and motivate yourselves to soldier on ?

Thanks any help would be very appreciated as i would love to reach my original plan of loosing another 6 pounds by valentines.

Replies

• JohnTR25
    JohnTR25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Even though I have only been here 10 days or so, I have found that the few friends I have so far are good at nagging me to motivate me........I told them to nag me......it works for me!

Good luck and keep going.......or I will be back to nag!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Years ago, a friend of mine lost a bunch of weight. I was happy for her but couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight. She said to me, "you have to want it." I shrugged her off. A couple years later, it clicked.

It's not something I can give you or tell you. You have to want it. More than sleeping in. More than sitting on the sofa. More than cake.
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel! I often find myself snacking on foods I probably shouldn't after rationalizing why it was okay to eat. To make up for my spectacular rationalizing I work out a little longer and harder. Generally if I am eating something I probably shouldn't I think about if I really am hungry, or if I just want to eat something. You need to stay conscious of your eating. Don't stop trying to do a "good job" eating well if you blew it a little. Good luck!
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone x
  • jmmbrent
    jmmbrent Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :smile: Everyday when I wake up,. I log onton MFP and my 5 year old daughter asks to see the frog. (the frog on my weight loss ticker) and if has moved (when I lost weight) she gets very excited. That motivates me more than anything else.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    no food will taste as good i as i will feel when i drop all the weight.
    . in the beginning it was a game to me. now i can never go back. i make separate meals from my whole family. i take food with me everywhere. I'm not looking at it as a "DIET", mine is a lifestyle change. i don't hurt anymore when i wake up. I'm so much happier then when i was before. i have more energy. I precount my food and don't snack on anything. the temptations are still there at work especially with all the treats people bring in.. but i stick to what I'm eating even on bagel day
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :smile: Everyday when I wake up,. I log onton MFP and my 5 year old daughter asks to see the frog. (the frog on my weight loss ticker) and if has moved (when I lost weight) she gets very excited. That motivates me more than anything else.

That is just the cutest thing.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    As cliché as it sounds, motivation really does come from within. You need to find motivation within yourself to do this. Nothing on the outside is going to help. For example, you may see a girl with an ideal figure and use it as your goal, but eventually you'll realise that you aren't that girl. You're you, and you need to take control of your own body. That's what got me going. Coming to terms with my own body and taking responsibility for it. You can do it now, or keep telling yourself that you'll do it later. Why not do it now, right? Time is only going to continue passing, and you can choose to use that time to make a difference or continue to say, "tomorrow" x
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    read the following: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/ and watch the whole video at the end. you'll want to take on the world afterwards.

sometimes i need to read and see it once a week.... sometimes twice a day.