scale is off....

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
I think that my scale is off....I weighed the other day at my sister's (yes, I gave in and weighed before Monday...grrrrrr...still working on that) and it said I was 5 lbs lighter than my scale shows and she said her's is right on the money..... I have a digital scale....so, I don't know....
I'm going to stay with what my scale says because it is what I started with, but its nice to know that I may/or may not be 5lbs lighter (:

Replies

• Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    I can weight on my scale and it will tell me one thing and weigh on another and get a differnt number. I just use what mine says, that way I'm consistant.
  • mellieking
    mellieking Posts: 27
    Options
    Mine's like 4lbs. off from the doctors office... But I knew that from the beginning so I take those 4lbs. off... :laugh: Mine's digital too... Go figure... ((shrug shoulders)) I would think those would be more reliable... :huh:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used to have an old school scale then I got a digital. The difference in weight was 8lbs more on my digital. It didn't discourage me cause I knew I still lost the same amount of weight as I had thought.. just had to change my start weight to 8 lbs more.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I just bought a digital and I weigh in, and then I step back on and it's different. every time. grrrr...I think I'm going to go get an old fashioned version....

Cindy
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I just bought a digital and I weigh in, and then I step back on and it's different. every time. grrrr...I think I'm going to go get an old fashioned version....

Cindy

That's happened to me several times, also...:noway:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you really want to know. You could test your scale. Get something with a known weight, like a 5 lb dumbbell for example. If your scale is off, then you know to recalculate it in your mind. Most older scales have a dial that you can adjust for this difference. I'm not sure about digital ones tho! I think that's y I'm sticking with my older one!

Just a suggestion!
  • hickory
    hickory Posts: 42
    Options

Cindy

That's happened to me several times, also...:noway:

Me too!!!!! It's so frustrating.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    If you really want to know. You could test your scale. Get something with a known weight, like a 5 lb dumbbell for example. If your scale is off, then you know to recalculate it in your mind. Most older scales have a dial that you can adjust for this difference. I'm not sure about digital ones tho! I think that's y I'm sticking with my older one!

Just a suggestion!

thanks....very logical idea....don't know why I didn't even think of it! LOL Thank you!