1 month in success-now the hard part starts

Options
I began getting my life back on track Jan 3rd-so today was weigh in day for the month. I have lost 12 lbs to date, I was hoping for more in the first month but will take it. I began at 237 hard number to look at and one I dont want to see again. The first month was fairly easy I dont mind eating roughly 1200 hundred calories a day, body kinda gets use to it. Since I am starting the second month I know that I have to exercise on a consistent basis which is hard for me. I don't like tosweat so I will have a hard time, Goal for 2nd month is 10 lbs and to stay focus at the task at hand of making myself healthier.

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    you can do it! i used to hate getting sweaty and exercising, and now I love it, I CRAVE it! It really is a great and empowering feeling to be getting stronger!
  • sealea4
    sealea4 Posts: 16
    Options
    Good job!!...Just start moving every day...I have fallen in love with Zumba!!!
  • pounce73
    Options
    thanks guys for your support it is appreciated
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I started on the 4th around 250. Unfortunately last time I logged in I wasn't as heavy so I only show a 6 pound loss. But I am just plugging away at it. Try not to get discouraged. What you are doing NOW is more than you WERE doing! You should definitely see some changes!!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    12 pounds is awesome.....congrats......
  • muffintop_nomo
    Options
    Yes, amazing job!
    I am trying to do what I like.. whether is longer walks with the dog, or bike rides around the neighborhood. Sometimes I'll put on music, and promise myself that I will walk for at least 3-5 songs... it makes it way more fun... then I think about old songs and albums I love, instead of how much longer I have to go.
    Sometimes I just dance at home to fun music. Feeling silly is also a nice thing to integrate into 'workouts'.

Even 10 minutes extra is better than nothing!
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You got this!!
  • Enspiria
    Enspiria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 12 lb loss! I only lost 7 lbs this month but I will take it!! My husband bought me an XBOX with Kinect and I have earned a green star for doing something every day. Like the others said, what you are doing now is more than you were doing so hang in there!
  • Kerryket
    Kerryket Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I started roughly around the same time, beginning of January and I'm down 8 lbs. I don't mind the exercise part, it's dealing with my body that just can't keep up with what I want to do. In the past, if I gained some weight, I could just step up the work out and put things back in place. Now since a car accident and some other health issues, it's going to take a lot more, plus since I'm not as active I am up over 200 lbs. I really hope to hold onto this calorie counting and stick to it, I don't want a temporary fix, I want it to stick.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!