C25K - Question for those who compelted

Options
I just did week 5 day 2 which is 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run... But Week 5 day 3 is a 20 minute run no walking..and then week 3 jumps back to 5min run/3minwalk/8min run/3min walk/5min run. Seems backwards to me... Is this right?! Were you able to successfully complete the full 20 mins?

Replies

• wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    I was able to successfully complete the 20 min run with no problems (and no running experience before doing C25K). Just go slow, and you will be fine! I followed the program, ran a 5k race on my last day (Nov 5th), have run several races since, and am now training for a half marathon! I would recommend following the program to the end, personally, unless you find the 20 minutes to be ridiculously easy! :wink: It would be terrible to trip at the finish line because your body wasn't ready.

That being said, I started to hate the intervals too, which is why I didn't do the Bridge to 10K. I was so proud of the fact that I had run 30 minutes straight that I didn't want to stop the continuous running and have to go back to watching my clock. I think once you get up to 30 minutes you can just keep adding time/mileage as the weeks go by.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thanks, That's good to know! So far I haven't found it super challenging but i'm going to continue the program and not overwork myself since so far it's seemed to ease me into it nicely :smile: