Whey intolerance?

Options
I've been really sick lately, and I'm pretty sure my whey protein shakes are the culprit. I'm going to a nutritionist next week to start an elimination diet, but until then I am taking all lactose and whey out of my diet. I'm wondering what other people's symptoms are that have a whey intolerance.

Replies

• steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The Optimum Nutrition brand gave me heart burn. I swtiched to Jay Robb's and have not had any issues.
  • Lisasmith70
    Options
    My daughter has a milk allergy and therefore can't have whey... she gets eczema in rashy patches on the backs of her legs, bottom and elbow creases. Have you tried any of the soy based supplement shakes?
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    The Optimum Nutrition brand gave me heart burn. I swtiched to Jay Robb's and have not had any issues.

Jay Robb is the one I bought. I think I'm just really sensitive : /
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    My daughter has a milk allergy and therefore can't have whey... she gets eczema in rashy patches on the backs of her legs, bottom and elbow creases. Have you tried any of the soy based supplement shakes?

I haven't tried them yet, but that's my next step. I do need a protein supplement to meet my macros. Do you recommend any particular brand?
  • Npieces
    Npieces Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a soy intolerance, its in most protien rich stuff too. Its hard to avoid but keep the whey on the lower end, no need to cut it out completely. Hopefully that will sove the problem once your body detoxes it all out. I totally understand the feeling!!!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have had extreme reactions to protein... Doesn't matter if it's lactose free or anything I get really sick!!