A ? for successfull 30 day shredders.

Options
Hey everyone,

I am looking to start the 30 day shred tomorrow. Do I need weights to do this? I don't have any weights yet, but I want to get started anyways.

Any advice on things I should do first? I took my measurements and will be taking some pics tomorrow. I want to make the best out of this.

Feb. 1st is a great day to start so if anyone wants to join in with me please do!!!

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    you can start without them
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cans out of your cupboard work. I started with cans of chunky soup and now worked up to Bush's baked beans. One day I even used a couple of hard cover books.
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    Cans out of your cupboard work. I started with cans of chunky soup and now worked up to Bush's baked beans. One day I even used a couple of hard cover books.

lol nothing like waving cans of food in your face while working out to keep you motivated...whatever works!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would start with some 3-pound dumbells. They're small and fairly inexpensive. I moved up to 5-pound dumbells after a few months. Good luck, 30-day shred will kick your butt! :smile:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I was motivated by not having to buy weights. Never think about what is in the cans. LOL! Food is just fuel. You need it.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also use cans of soup or whatever I have on hand for weights. You don't HAVE to have weights to start with, I would do the workout without them the first time just to see what it is like and then add the soup the next day to feel the difference.
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    Alrighty then...thanks :) I'm really curious how this goes!!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I started laughing out loud in my office when I read that. "Now worked up to Bush's baked beans." Heehee.

The first two times I did the 30DS, I didn't own weights and I just did it without them.
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did it last spring and loved it!! I started with 3lb and went to 5lbs....but kept both handy for some moves I could not handle the 5. I want to start it again so tomorrow sounds like a perfect day!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    When I started I had 3 pound and 8 pound weights. The 3 lbs seemed too light, and didn't feel like I was really pushing myself. The 8 lbs were too heavy for a lot of things, but nice for others. I finally got the 5 pound weights, and those are perfect. I use the 5 pounds for most, and the 8 lbs for the rest of the moves. Besides that, there's nothing you need to do to prepare. I did it a few months ago, and it was seriously hard for me, but felt so amazing when I finished, and I got pretty good results. Good luck!
  • loobie1805
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow too - thought the same thing start on the 1st feb.
    Yes you do need hand weights - I got some 3lbs ones and also some 5lb ones - she does use them in the first strength section of level 1 - I watched it today to try and get an idea of what I will be letting myself in for....

Hadn't thought about taking some pre and post shred pics - but thats a great idea and I will do that too.

Here's to a successful shred

Am sending you a friends request so we can spur each other on with it....

Lou :-)