Can't stand sweets anymore

Options
Earlier today I had to go to the store to buy a few things. I walk right passed all the Valentine candy and get my things. I get to the checkout lane and glancing over the candy, talk myself into buying a three piece package of chocolate pecan turtles. I tell myself that the sweet caramel, crunchy pecans and smooth chocolate will be great and it's only three pieces! It will be half my calories I have left for the day that I was reserving for evening TV watching snacks, but oh well, it will be worth it!

How wrong I was! Half way between eating the second piece, I started to think that I really didn't like it that much. But I trudged on and finished all three pieces and had the absolute worst stomach ache when I got home. No thank you! I think I just cured myself of wanting sweets. That candy tasted so sugary, it was awful.

Anyone else ever experience low tolerance for junk food after changing to healthier eating?

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT thing!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We don't need that junk like most people think we do.

I personally don't believe that junk food, processed, frozen or boxed foods should be a part of our eating.

3 Cheers to you!!! :love:
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The other night I ate half of a brownie and felt like puking!!! I was so happy! LOL! It's quite an awesome feeling!
  • lsjett1
    Options
    I have noticed that the older I get, the less I enjoy sweets. I could honestly go the rest of my life without chocolate and be just fine. (People think I am crazy for saying so!) I still love the salty snacks though! :smile:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awesome! yes, i have! :) chips, burgers, fries...you name it!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Boy do I wish I could say the same!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    nope i still like sweets and eat it occasionally
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I wish I could have this happen with french fries!! OMG I would be a happy camper if I hated fries haha
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    I used to be a bit of a chocoholic not so long ago. Now I can look at a chocolate bar and feel/think nothing. I don't want it either. Well done! :)
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Yes I had some ice cream the other day and even though it was fat free it still tasted like the sweetsest thing ive ever eaten in months! When i have a horrible sugar craving i just put some honey on something Its super sweet to me now though i used to think it was gross before
    I wish I could have this happen with french fries!! OMG I would be a happy camper if I hated fries haha

Lol i know what you mean i wish this could happen to me with bread
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Still have chocolate every day. Still love it just as much.

Just now in moderation! :D
  • castle88
    Options
    Im the same all of a sudden!! Following a very chocolate-laden christmas, when the chocolate ran out I got huge cravings. Now, after only a couple of weeks resisting using MFP I don't crave chocolate at all. I think I would still enjoy it though if I do have some, but I don't feel the need to, so I wont!

I think once you get into a healthy eating routine and you've beaten your cravings for sugary/processed foods, then your body suddenly realises how disgusting and lacking in nutrition it all is! Which is great for turning over a new leaf - then it becomes less of a 'diet' and more of an overall change in lifestyle, and thats when the weight loss becomes permanent and life changing!