New and 60lbs to lose!

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Becky. I'm a college Junior in Poughkeepsie, NY. I'm 60lbs heavier than when I started college, so I'm looking to lose at LEAST those 60lbs by the time I graduate. The girls I live with are really supportive and are going to start doing Zumba with me at our school so I'm not doing this all alone. I'm really excited to start this journey, even though I know it's going to be really tough. Any tips are greatly appreciated, especially from people my age or people who have lost 50lbs+

So glad there is a place like this for help and support! :happy:

Replies

• healthylife_tx
    Options
    Welcome!! I just recently joined MFP again. I have about 120 lbs to lose. I'm from upstate NY originally (Schenectady & Utica), but now live in the Austin, TX area. It's great that you're getting your weight under control now! I have a friend who loves Zumba. I bought the Zumba Fitness game for the Xbox Kinect for myself for Christmas. Unfortunately, I'm so out of shape right now that I can only do about 5 minutes of it at a time before I'm worn out - but at least it's getting me moving!! Good luck w/ your goals!!
  • 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky! im glad you decided to join, im in the exact same boat! im a senior in college (so 22) and am hoping to lose weight by the time i graduate! i gained about 80lbs in my college years and that is a HUGE problem! i want pretty pictures for my graduation! haha. so im trying to lose weight so bad! haha. so feel free to add me so we can encourage each other! :D
  • hickman71
    Options
    I'm new too! I just joined last week and hope to lose 50 lbs.
  • Lorretta81041
    Options
    Hi Becky! You are the first person I have ever replied to. I wish you lots of luck on your journey. I too am in the same boat as you, heavier than I would like to be. But with LOTS of determination and A WHOLE BUNCH of exercising- U CAN DO IT!!!
  • MandyMc84
    Options
    Hi Becky!
    I just joined up again. Mainly to keep an eye on what I'm eating and how much excerise I'm doing because my weight is starting to slowly creep up again. It's a really good way to think more about how you treat your body.

Good luck!
  • emfnp
    emfnp Posts: 23
    Options
    Ah! Gaining a **** ton of weight in college is my specialty. I'm 30 pounds down but still 20 to go! You got it! Its all about laying off the booze (or it was for me)