64 down....about 30 to go!

Options

Replies

• 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look Mah-valous daarling:laugh: And I have that same exact necklace set, just wore it to work yesterday. Work it girl, WORK IT!!
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    Good job! Well done! Amazing!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Hot damn lady, great work!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You look Great!
  • Wrigleymom
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Mpost0036
    Mpost0036 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look BEAUTIFUL! Keep up the good work..it is surely paying off!
  • Wow! You look great!!! Congrats on making it this far and good luck with the rest of your journey. You look so happy (and pretty). Seeing your success has inspired me to push myself so I can achieve my goals! What did you do to lose the weight? What recipes did you follow?

Countrygirlatheart2719 - Thanks :) I am finally starting to see a difference in myself and I feel really good. As far as my eating habits, I have changed them completely. I stick to a low carb diet that consists mostly of "natural carbs" and cut out most complex carbs. I eat a lot of protein and fresh fruits and veggies. I try to avoid fruits that are really high in sugars or that I have read that promote belly fat (such as bananas). Just checked my journal for a typical day in the life of Melissa..here's what a normal day is for me:

Breakfast: Chobani plain 0% yogurt with one packet of Truvia and 1 cup of mixed berries with Green Tea or 3-4 egg whites scrambled with one laughing cow cheese wedge, 3 slices of turkey bacon and sliced tomatoes.

Lunch: Grilled Chicken (4oz) "Parm" with a touch of tomato sauce and 1oz of low fat mozz with steamed spinach or Ground Turkey Meat "taco salad" with lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers, cucumbers, 1/4 sliced avocado, salsa and 1 tbsp of FF sour cream

Dinner: Turkey Burger with no bun and salad and steamed veggies or Grilled Chicken with veggies or Spaghetti Squash primavera

My Fav Snacks:
    Snack #1 - Golden Delicious Apple with Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedge
    Snack #2 - Plain Chobani yogurt with 1/2 packet of No Sugar Added Swiss Miss Hot chocolate added in -- Tastes like chocolate Mousse!
    Snack #3 (which I eat right before the gym in the AM) - Something around 100 - 150 calories like half a Lara Bar or a home made protein shake. I find eating before you workout helps!

All of that food sounds yummy! :) I'll have to steal those menu ideas ;-) thanks. I think I need to change up my workouts so I can actually see weight loss happen. I usually use my elliptical 3-5 times a week for 30-45min each time. I have almost all of Jillian Michael's DVD's and my husband and I have a kinect and use Dance Central. I should start working out 5-7 days a week and doing something different each day for variety. Maybe each day on top of working out go for a 10-20min brisk walk. Not sure what else to do but when I am working out and sticking to my calorie intake and do not see any progress it gets SO FRUSTRATING!!! :-/ Sorry to rant and rave just having a moment haha.
  • OrangeUK
    Options
    Amazing.
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are stunning, both before and after! Thank you so much for sharing your story and your advice ... it means the world to me to read everyone's fabulous results ... SO inspiring!!!! :)
  • plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss challenge in 2011, I never thought I'd get to this day where I am officially under 200 lbs for the first time since 2001! I was going through some of my old photos over the weekend and came across a picture from Christmas Eve 2010. I decided to do a side by side comparison with a picture I took this weekend, and it brought tears of joy to my eyes. I started my official diet March 28, 2011 and in 10 months I have shed 64 lbs. I am REALLY pleased with my weight loss to date and I wanted to share it with everyone because looking at all the success stories on here really helped me stay on track. I still want to lose about another 30 lbs, but I am proud of where I am today!

I am not really proficient at posting photos to message boards, so thank you to Cversey for posting the pic, but it seems to be cutting me off....I am attempting to repost :)

BeforeandAfter12-2010to1-20112.png
    photo.jpg

You look amazing!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! It seems we are close to the same point in our weight loss =)
  • CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    Awesome!! What an inspiration!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You don't even look like the same person. :)
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look terrific!
  • sil1981
    sil1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amzing! Keep up the hard work. :)
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    gorgeous!
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sexxy!!!!
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Congrats on a job very well done. Beautiful - before & after.
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    Simply gorgeous! Congrats!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!