DESK EXERCISES

Options
Desk job... I'm sitting here & can just feel my butt getting bigger.

Looking for something to do at my desk. I try to get up as much as possible... I even moved my printer to the other side of the room.

Any and all suggestions... please.

Replies

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Desk job... I'm sitting here & can just feel my butt getting bigger.

Looking for something to do at my desk. I try to get up as much as possible... I even moved my printer to the other side of the room.

Any and all suggestions... please.
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Yeah! I wanna know too!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    you can so some squats.... sit enough to let your hiney faintly touch the chair and stand again do about 20 or 30 of then good for the legs.... dont cheat and try to raise the office chair put it at the lowest level. and make sure your back is straight while doing them ..... im sure everyone at your work will think your crazy but what ever :laugh:
    j~
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    leg lifts are good too....and if not one is really looking or you dont' care...then do some dips too LOL...I do them sometimes! ....I have been taking the stairs too if you can....I have to walk up 6 flights from the street to my office, and go up one to two during the day depending on if I go to the mailroom or to see a collegue...walk around is what I try to do a lot of...its a nice mind break too! lol
    hugs!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i practice belly rolls at my desk:tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You can also try butt squeezes. :embarassed:
  • lashonda
    lashonda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my day sitting on a stability ball. It forces me to balance all day long and by the end of the day my abs are sore.
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I spend most of my day sitting on a stability ball. It forces me to balance all day long and by the end of the day my abs are sore.

Hey, that's a good idea! I bet i'd look silly though... and fall over quite a bit...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    here are a few sites for you to check out.

www.associatedcontent.com/article/101985/five_quick_exercises_you_can_do_at.html - 49k

www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk - 100k

exercise.about.com/cs/fittingitin/a/officeexercise.htm - 23k

www.dietbites.com/calories/dieting-exercise-desk-work.html - 24k

www.breakpal.com/ - 57k