Couch to 5K

Options
I want to run a 5K by Easter... does anyone have a great "couch to 5K" plan that has worked for them? Mind you, I've never really run anywhere!

Any help is totally appreciated!!!

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The couch to 5K is the plan.

If you have an iPhone the 'Get Running' app is brilliant. You can listen to you music and it will tell you when to warm up, run, walk and warm down.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? If so, there are a ton of apps. I haven't downloaded one so I can't give a specific recommendation but check out the reviews.

If not, there are tons on the internet. Most are based on pretty much the same principal with slight variations. There is no one that is "better" than the other. And the best part is these you can do at your own pace. So if you find one week challenging, you can just repeat it before you move on (I have coached learn to run program and always suggest that you try the next week before you decide you can't do it. Everyone thinks they can't, most find they can)
    Good luck. Have fun.
  • yemphan
    Options
    i'm on week 3 right now and use the podcasts form this site: http://runningintoshape.com

i find the music better than most podcasts and carli's prompts & tips are really motivating. good luck!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i got one apps on iphone and its nice ... you may like it
  • Lionlily
    Options
    I really want to start running again. I only started a little bit ago, then I had a set back and haven't started it up again. I do want to complete a 5K, 10K, etc. I am in the process of moving, so when I move, I hope to move where there is a lake so I can run around it. That is what I need to get me going again and join a running club.

Facebook also has an appt, Couch to 5K, for this very thing. Check it out.

Take care,
    Lionlily!
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    http://runningintoshape.com/ This website has the Couch 2 5K (C25K) recorded with music in the MP3 Player form so you don't have to have a smart phone, just download (free) the MP3's (podcast).
  • carolinacourtney
    Options
    awesome!! thanks for the tips, I don't have a phone... but can totally get on board with the MP3 options!!!