500 lb weight loss!!

Options
Amazing story on Good Morning America.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/health-26594251/melissa-morris-reclaims-her-life-28105592.html

I would really be interested in how her friends/family felt about their role in enabling her unhealthy diet (since she depended on them to bring food to her).

Replies

• Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate the fact that she is so honest about her relationship struggling. I think that happens in a lot of relationships when someone starts to reclaim their life.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    amazing amazing story!! :) thanks for the share!
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It 's a miracle story, but what I get concerned about is what is she doing to keep the weight off. Is there a readable story that talks about her goals, diet, lifestyle now. Anyone can have surgery, but it's no use if you are just going to continue eating the way you did to get that way. I don't mean to be disrespectful- I have just had a few aunts, uncles, cousins. Who eat themselves to where they weigh in the 500+ range have the surgery, but continue on eating like they did before, and they end up getting sick, because of the surgery. I think a healthy weightloss is wonderful. I commend the ones who each day stick with it and struggle each day to stay on track. That is what I like to read is how they struggled and ended winning in the end and they have goals that they continue to follow, so they don't get stuck in that rut again.
  • amandaruiz2011
    Options
    the show is on tonight at 9/8c
  • ld7456
    ld7456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This show is on tonight? What channel?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think it's on OWN or Lifetime? There's at least one more episode, too, with a man (seen previews).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!