Losing inches not weight

Options
Okay I am 5'1" and I am a curvy girl. I currently weigh 127 after losing 10 pounds and my goal weight is 120. I am having trouble losing these last 7 pounds! I have been stuck at this weight for two months! I have lost a lot of inches though! I currently wear a size 5/6 in pants and dresses around a 4/5. I guess I just need some help/advice and was wondering if anyone else is going through this! I try to work out between 4-6 hours a week!

Replies

• rachf2013
    Options
    I am going through the exact same thing. I am 128lbs (was 130 a week ago) and would like to be 120lb. (Also, Im 5'2" and curvy as well) I talked to a nutritionist to find out what I could (because I already eat healthy and exercise). He told me that everyone has a body weight thats natural for them. And once your body gets there, its hard to convince it otherwise.
    HOWEVER, he did give me some suggestions- change up what you eat (wayyyy more fruits and veggies), watch the proteins (eggs and fish are best, if you can, drop the other meats), watch sugar intake too (it should be as close to 0 as possible minus the sugar from fruits), and change up your exercise (so if you run, try weight lifting or vice versa).
    Also, once your body gets down to its set weight, you will only be able to lose 1lb a week at the most. So don't be discouraged if it takes 2months or so to get there.
  • itsablondething
    itsablondething Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My thought would be... are you happy with how you look at 127, is 120 just some "magical" happy number for you? Do you really need to be there? I guess I am asking... would you be happier weighing 120 and being a size 8 or weighing 127 and being a size 6? Is it a weight number or a size number that matters more? Or, should the numbers matter at all, and you are just happy with how you look and feel?

If you are working out and building more muscle, you might be at a great weigth (I can't judge that for you). Keep in mind, nowhere does BMI factor in muscle composition VS fat composition of the body.

If you feel you need to get that last 7lb off, I think rachf2013 gave you some great advice!