New to the community...day 18 of logging in. I have no frien

Options
Hi!

I've been using mfp for 18 days straight now. I thought it was about time I introduce myself.

I am a stay at home Mom of three toddlers. After having 3 back to back pregnancies, my body needs some serious work. I want to be healthy and a good rolemodel for my girls so I joined MFP, joined a gym and got a trainer.

Putting my own needs on the same level as the rest of my family has been hard to get used to. I'm now making sure to sit down and eat instead if just eating my daughter's leftovers or what they feed me. I also am going to the gym 6 days a week.

I am excited to be a member of this community! I see a lot of people asking for friends, so I will ask too. Please be my friend. Let's do this together!

My current weight is 205 from 213 since joining (222 is where is started before mfp). My goal is 145-155

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You can add me too :) sounds like we have some things in common :)
  • clearvisions
    clearvisions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ADD ME AS YOUR FRIEND! WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON: WEIGHT, WEIGHT LOSS GOALS, AND TIME WITH MFP! I, TOO, AM A STAY AT HOME MOM. I WORK PART TIME FROM HOME WHILE MY SON (9) AND DAUGHTER (7) ARE IN SCHOOL. WHEN THEY'RE HOME, MY TIME IS THEIRS. AFTER ALL, THEY'RE ONLY CHILDREN FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME AND THAT TIME FLIES! I WALK MY PUPPY OR WITH A FRIEND WHEN THE WEATHER'S NICE, AND DO AEROBICS VIDEOS WHEN IT'S NOT SO NICE. I LOATHE EXERCISE, MY KNEES HURT FROM WALKING, AND I LOVE TO EAT GOOD FOOD! NOT VERY GOOD STATS FOR NEEDING TO LOSE 50 LBS! I TRY. I HAVE ONLY LOST 1 LB! I AM DISCOURAGED BY SUCH PATHETIC RESULTS, BUT I CAN'T STOP TRYING, OR I'LL JUST GAIN MORE WEIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR FOOD INTAKE? I AM SO TEMPTED TO DO SOMETHING DRASTIC, LIKE ADKINS, BUT I KNOW THAT'S WAY TOO STRICT TO STICK WITH, SO I'M JUST KEEPING THE CALORIE INTAKE WHERE IT SHOULD BE AND ADDING EXERCISE. WHAT DO YOU FEEL HAS BROUGHT YOU SUCH GREAT RESULTS?
  • bearwithme041
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: feel free to add me
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    Please feel free to add me, we seem to be in the same weight range with similar goals.
  • therindaproject
    therindaproject Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight lost so far. I would love to be a friend.
  • mamaBof3
    Options
    Thank you for letting me add you, ladies. :)

I would say what has helped me most is not calling this a diet. I have tried dieting so many times and failed, so I really am looking at this just as the new way I do things. I eat mostly fruits, veggies and proteins. I hear you on loving food! I gave to becareful when
    I do allow myself to have a taste of some of my favorites (the things that helped me to my peak weight) not to go crazy and eat all of it just because it tastes good.

I also hate getting to the gym. Everything in me fights to get ne there. Once I am there I am glad I went! All in all, I take the food and exercise one day at a time, as cliché as it sounds. I am really sore right now actually, I am icing my shins and knees because they hurt from my date with the tradmill this morning. The date was bad, it ended early, but the ice does help.

Losing 1lb is a victory! It's not a gain, and that's good, right? :-)

I am trying to base my results more on how I'm feeling and how my clothes are fitting. That scale can be an evil b.
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    you can add me ..i love friends