Calorie Counting. GAH, this is so rough

I am currently on a 1200 calorie diet, and I just started it has only been a few days and I feel good, and I don't actually feel hungry, Im just so used to eating whatever and whenever alot of this for me is a mind game :/ I hve tried to back out about 20 times in the last 3 days haha, but then decided this was for the best, did anyone else feel like this starting.

Replies

• Meeee. Before I started counting calories, I shudder as to what my daily total was! I really like seeing the numbers to help me be more accountable. You can do it! 6 weeks to form a a habit , right?
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 330 Member
    I've never counted calories in my life till last week. I did good last week for about 4 1/2 days then I slipped for like 3 days, but yesterday I started counting again and now today I found this app on my phone and I feel amazing. I hate the thought of a DIET, but through counting calories nothing is off limits. If I eat something naughty it's ok, I'll just have to eat less or lower calorie foods the rest of the day. Although I do have to say, I notice I'm making much better food choices with less empty calories:)

Jenny
  • jasonsurmillon
    jasonsurmillon Posts: 26 Member
    i feel you @AdgNthomas! and you're right, it is a MIND GAME lol Great job sticking it through! Keep it up and you will definitely achieve your goal
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    As you learn more and get better at it, it can actually be a lot of fun, and it gets MUCH easier. Especially true if you store recipes in the food section (great tool) and have references you can go back to. It can be a great challenge to try tailor meals, old faves and snacks to hit your macros and calorie counts. Again, as you get better and see how your body changes and can be manipulated, it's really cool!