SOOOOO BUSY!!!

Options
so i am back on mfp, after a (very) extended break, and i am having a super hard time finding time to exercise. i am a senior in high school and whoever said that senior year was the easiest...they were WRONG!!! i do about 4-6 hours of homework every night, and i am involved in multiple clubs and activities throughout the week. i know that exercise should be more important than all this, but i am having SUCH a hard time fitting it in. usually i am not done with my homework until after 10 PM, which is probably not a good time to go running...i was considering doing mornings but i absolutely HATE the thought of getting up at 5, getting dressed, downing some water, and stumbling downstairs for a walk/run. i have just gotten a little of my motivation back, and i really don't want this to bring me back down. and help/thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Replies

• wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    same situation here. i just try to eat well and walk as much as i can. for now there's not much else to do, but i go for walks if i have an hour on campus and can stash my stuff somewhere.
  • creepycuteee
    creepycuteee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can empathize. I'm in my junior year in college and I barely have time to sleep between work and school and commuting off campus and trying to squeeze in significant other time. The best thing I can suggest doing is exercising after you get home before you do your homework. Yes, that means you're most likely going to be done with your work later than usual, but the only other option is to do it in the morning (which you seem- reasonably- opposed to.) You might want to look into short high intensity workouts that way you can burn the most calories in the least time instead of spending a long time walking or running.
    Personally, I trade off between getting up early and doing them late at night after work, depending on how I feel. And definitely take advantage of weekend down time (assuming its less hectic than the week.)
    Best of luck :)
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you can't go during the week, try to go exercise on the weekends...anything is better than nothing. Also, when you wake up in the morning, try to do some calethstenics before school. You don't have to run to get a good workout and cranking out a few sets of pushups, dips, mountain climbers, burpees, jump squats, or jumping jacks is a good way to get a quick workout in.
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I am not a student, but I am a sahm with the same problems about not enough time. What I have had to do is cut back on activities. I really loved having a small online business, but to homeschool my children and excersize I had to quit. I was pretty upset about quitting, however now I am very happy about it. Also, when my kids are outside playing I walk and listen to my Bible on my phone. Can you go walking ever and maybe listen to some audio books for school while doing so? Maybe after lunch or when you are waiting for school to start?