But you have a pretty face and great personality!

Options
So ready for a change in my life! I am a Type 2 diabetic, I am working on losing 60/70 pounds. I just joined 5 days ago and so far I have been on track, moving and ready to bring my sexy back! Please feel free to add me and we can all movtivate each other when the going gets tough! Good luck everyone! We got this!!!

Replies

• Nessarose1022
    Nessarose1022 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of hearing that too! I get it ALLL the time! Welcome!
  • kelsidawn
    Options
    I don't know how many times I've heard, "you have such a pretty face!" Well, I'm ready to have a great body too! nice to meet you. I just joined and am looking for some motivation. I am the biggest I have ever been and want to lose about 50 lbs.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I hate this phrase more than words can express........ or...... you would be pretty if you lost some weight!!!!! Dammit! I'm pretty when I'm fat and I will be pretty when I'm fit!!!
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options
    I also hate this phrase! Ugh yes, I don't think they realise that it HURTS when they say that, even unintentionally.

I'm also a Type 2 diabetic/insulin resistant. And welcome to MFP :)
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My dad once told my sister "your sister is pretty but if she lost all that fat she would have men all over her in a heartbeat" so yeah pretty face and great personality = "ur pretty but u could be better" -.- they think it was a compliment but they arnt the heavy ones
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ahhh... this one and being the skinny girls fat friend... yeah, I can go the rest of my life without hearing that again lol
    welcome to mfp!
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    yea im in the same boat here everyone alwayz says tht and im like yea yea yea ..thts y im here to lose the weight n feel more better
  • goldie10b
    goldie10b Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat..I wanna lose about 50 -60 pounds..I had a great week....I pigged out last night and today...hoping to get back on track and need support...I feel so hopeless tonight.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome - yes - I too have heard that so many times- sheesh - but this time will be different!
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hate, hate, hate that phrase too!! Ugh. People just don't know what to say sometimes. I have surely been told that over a hundred times in my life time.. It is very rude. It may not be intended to be that way but it is.
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I still have about 70 pounds more to lose, but have heard that so much- even more when I have gotten thin because I think people feel it's "okay" to admit it then. Really makes you feel awesome when you start regaining! haha.

Anyway, I know the feeling. You can totally reach your goals and know that you are beautiful thick or thin!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Isn't it better than being told that you're miserable and ugly?
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When someone says that I just want to be like.. you are sooooooooooo cool but you're still a total douche-pickle!!!
  • vkindrick
    Options
    I would hope we can motivate each other so let rock it
  • kwahom03
    Options
    I am SO tired of hearing that!