Once a week weigh ins

Options
For those of you who do once a week weigh ins:On what day do you weigh in? The start of the week on Monday? The end of the week before the weekend on Friday? etc......

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Sunday or Monday mornings. Kinda gives me an idea of what I need to improve on during the week.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've kind of been doing Mondays, only because the is the start of the week. Although Mondays can suck when coming off a weekend.... lol
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday night at my TOPS weight loss meetings. That way it's the same scale. My scale doesn't show the same weight as their's, and can make me feel bad during the week. Mine shows heavier. I print out my food diary every night and staple the weeks worth of food together. That way I can see what I did wrong on right during the week depending on a weight loss or gain.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mondays are my official weigh in day (though check through out the week).

I figure that I am most likely to eat most poorly during the weekend, so by knowing I have a weight in on the Monday makes more more accountable.
  • spookystitches
    spookystitches Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do Monday mornings. :) I just find it better to know what I need to be doing that week, plus it gives me a reason not to blow the weekend off too. I always know Monday is coming, so it keeps me focused.
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning when I first wake up, before breakfast, and after I use the bathroom. Lol
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do Tuesday first thing in the morning. It's Tuesdays because I started on a Tuesday and weigh in once a week.
  • pami218
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Mondays also . I am trying to stay AWAY from the scale every day in between so that I don't get discouraged!
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mine's Tues am because I started on a Tuesday and also because that's one of my gym days and I use the gym's scales! :)
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at home on my wii on a Wednesday morning, first thing. Only picked a Wednesday as it was the first day I started logging on here properly....I used to be a serial weigher, numerous times a day but find once a week is great, Im not fixating on my weight quite as much anymore! :D
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on a Saturday morning only because I joined this site on a Saturday and it followed from there. I have considered changing the weigh-in day though as I often make bad choices food wise on a Friday.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in on a Friday first thing in the morning before breakfast and after the bathroom visit. One of my good friends doing this too weighs herself on Monday's so she can continue to make better choices on the weekend, but I think I'd rather weigh in before the weekend, because if I do have a bit of a doozy it's not going to stuff up my Monday morning reading (it's harder to stay extremely good on the weekends when that's when everyone plans events (Fri night, Sat day/night or Sunday day/night - yes I still try to make good choices but that's also the time I feel I can indulge on something small - as long as I don't go over my calorie goal). It's really your own choice. :-) Friday's are good for me. I think Wednesday could also be a good day, right in the middle of the week!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning here.
  • dictations
    Options
    Sunday mornings, then I'm really encouraged to eat clean for the rest of the day to keep up the progress.
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thursday mornings are my weigh in day. That's the day I started seriously tracking my food and exercising so I've just stuck with that.
  • Cslicemarie
    Options
    Wednesday mornings. I do this because I don't like to weigh in on Monday's! Also, Monday is a work out day and Tuesday is a rest day and I once read that you're supposed to weigh in after a rest day.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    As for myself I do my weigh in on Monday mornings right now only because I started tracking on a Monday.
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings. I use Sunday to relax from the past week and start planning for the next one so it's a great time to reflect on my successes and failures from the past week and make a new plan for the next week. I plan out my entire exercise plan a week in advance (or I try to anyways) so I use that to set goals. Mostly though the day is just a convenient day because Mondays are sometimes hectic, and I've always been a big believer in Sunday being a day of rest!
  • Jpgibbs
    Options
    I also use the Wii, haha. I do it on Friday afternoon's after I do a long run (10 miles or more.) The first time I weighed myself it was after a run, so to keep some form of continuity I still do so. The only issue with it is I typically weigh 8 or so pounds less on the Wii than I do a traditional scale. I like that it keeps track of my weight loss from week to week. However it is important to remember that your weight isn't telling the whole story of what is going on with your body!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Friday is my official weigh in but I weigh in Mondays too because I don't get to exercise as hard with the kids on the weekends and we tend to be running around so I have alot more processed snacks on the weekend, so my Monday weigh in is mostly to see if I did any damage over the weekend. I can't wait for summer when I can take the kids on bike rides and then I won't feel as bad!