Busy college students??

Options
I'm a busy nursing student in a very intense program and trying to lose 15 lbs and don't have time to exercise. I quit smoking right before finals in mid-December and I gained 15 lbs. I'm looking for friends who might have suggestions for exercise on busy days, HEALTHY quick meals and snacks, and hopefully some motivation to lose this weight!

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    i'm pre nursing with 25 pounds to lose
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yup. 22 in nursing school full time. Honestly if you make the time for working out it will ultimately increase your focus for homework and studying. I walk to school in the morning and it helps me fucus through the morning lectures, then I either ride the bus straight to the gym or walk home to do a video. I always get in at least 30 minutes of exercise and a refreshing shower as soon as I get out of class to break up the routine of sitting all day studying. Clinical days are a whole different beast. I have been on my feet all day, so I just come home, skip the workout, and start in with the paperwork.
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm an engineering student with 20 pounds to lose!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    As for the food... My instructor has this quarter set up with no class on mondays. We have online case studies and stuff to do on mondays so I usually do all my shopping on sunday and prep all day monday for the week ahead. I already know what I'm having for breakfast, lunch, and dinner through friday and what I have to snack on in between. It's the only way for me to lose any weight. I think I put on about 10 lbs in first quarter trying to figure it out.
  • tayca9174
    Options
    Where do you find time to workout with homework, reading, and studying? I feel guily putting down the books and going to the gym and then when I finally do workout, once I'm done working out I just don't feel like picking the books back up! I have no motivation! lol
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im in my second semester of nursing school and it is busy!
    but I find if I work out about 4 or 5 when I get home from school I have more energy to sit down do more studying or assignments!
  • tayca9174
    Options
    Do you mind sharing what you have for meals and snacks? I have a 35 min. drive to school 3 days a week so I'm looking for foods that are healthy and will keep well, especially on mondays when I have class from 8am-5:30pm!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I used to feel that way when I was taking A&P last year, but quickly learned that the days I had hit the gym I was much more focused and able to squeeze way more into a shorter amount of time. I know it is hard to get started, but it really made a big difference for me when I did.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Do you mind sharing what you have for meals and snacks? I have a 35 min. drive to school 3 days a week so I'm looking for foods that are healthy and will keep well, especially on mondays when I have class from 8am-5:30pm!
    Nuts, fruit, and veggies. Thats about all I got for you really. Does your class have a fridge you can put things in? Most days I bring a cut up apple and a couple tablespoons of almond butter which is delicious, but not enough to get you through your entire day.