1st two weeks

Options
I found out about MFP two weeks ago from a friend. I signed up for a membership, but I was very confused about how to use the site. She pretty much told me that I was making excuses so I decided to get on the website and figure it out.

I did horrible the first week. I thought I was doing good, but today I looked back and saw that I didn't log a lot of things, and I kept going over with fat. I am now doing much better, and I lost my first lb yesterday! I am pretty excited with my progress.

It helps a lot to log my foods, and I finally feel for the first time in my life that I have control over my weight. So great to see the scale going down instead of up! :) I have realized with this website that I am making a lifestyle change, and I need to be patient. If I lose 1 lb every week this time next year I will be in a much healthier place than I am right now. I have always wanted a quick fix, and quit after a few weeks of not making much progress. This time it is totally different thanks to MFP!

Replies

• farmerted322
    Options
    Way to go. I'm in the same boat, taking it dat by day.

Kathy
  • goffam05
    Options
    I LOVE your attitude on this, Jennifer! This post really helped me to gain perspective today.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Love that attitude :-) You will do just fine x
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    No worries! You got this!
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks ladies! This morning I weighed myself and I am down 5 lbs!! Pretty exciting. :) I can not believe how long I worried about my weight and now I find that it is way easier than I ever thought. My only problem now is the crazy little weight ticker at the bottom. I underestimated how much I weighed when I started so it is saying that I haven't lost any weight but I have. I so wish that it would show my weight loss.
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I fixed it! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!