Toning

Hey, I've got a bit of a stomach going on, can anyone suggest the best way to pull it in, its not huge (I'm not even classed as over weight) I just want to get really toned as fast as possible!

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Hey, I've got a bit of a stomach going on, can anyone suggest the best way to pull it in, its not huge (I'm not even classed as over weight) I just want to get really toned as fast as possible!

You can't spot reduce stomach fat. You'll have to lose some over all body fat if you're looking to get rid of it. Hence, why people say "abs are made in the kitchen."
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Lose some extra bodyfat, Eat at a calorie deficit
    Add in some strength training with heavy weights to help tighten all muscle (2-3 times a week)
    Add in some cardio exercise for a well rounded program (30 min , 2-3 times a week)
  • Never heard they phrase before, but thanks guys. Any other tips let me know
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Never heard they phrase before, but thanks guys. Any other tips let me know

Tangal summed it up pretty nicely. I'd just add that you should give yourself some time. It won't come over night, but if you have the commitment, you can get there. :)
  • When you say eat a calorie deficit is that before or after exercise and by how much. Like if my target 1700, what should I am to have eaten and burnt off?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member

You can't spot reduce stomach fat. You'll have to lose some over all body fat if you're looking to get rid of it. Hence, why people say "abs are made in the kitchen."
    ^^^^^
    Yep - THIS
    Forget half measures - go for peak fitness.
  • I was going for baby steps first, but whats your best advice for that
  • You can reduce love handles by exercising regularly, but you will need to focus more on your belly. I had a cousin that had similar challenge in the past he not nly exercised regularly, he also used a supplement he got on this site http://www.healthylivingspot.com/weight-loss/get-rid-of-love-handles-fast/ called capsiplex.