Anyone else stoked?

Options
I am still new to this website(so feel free to friend me!), but I have to say, so far I'm really impressed with it. I absolutely love all the tools and the community that the site provides. I've tried dieting on my own, generally to no avail. I also try to avoid pay for diets because I've seen, though they may work, as soon as you get off of the diets, you gain the weight right back. The biggest thing I hope to gain from this website is, aside from the health associated with losing the weight, the ability to maintain my weight with a greater accuracy. That's it.

My biggest reason for wanting to lose weight, aside from the obvious(my clothes will fit better and other things listed on my profile), is that my mother has been counting her calories for approximately a year now and she has lost about 60 pounds. If she can do it, I know I can do it. I must say I am pretty excited about losing weight and starting this year off right.

Replies

• ivanaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    welcome my fellow alabamian!
    as tempting as they are for the bare simplicity, i completely agree with the pay for diets comment. they don't work in the real world. imagine going to a restaurant and having a panic attack cause if it's not prepackaged and microwavable. you don't know what to eat.. awful.
    so, what's your game plan? you're going to count calories or do you have bigger plans (workouts, etc)?
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Totally! I've been on the site for about 3 weeks and its beengreat helping me stick to it! (feel free to add me too :))
  • cleehancock
    cleehancock Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for wanting to lose weight, aside from the obvious(my clothes will fit better and other things listed on my profile), is that my mother has been counting her calories for approximately a year now and she has lost about 60 pounds. If she can do it, I know I can do it. I must say I am pretty excited about losing weight and starting this year off right.

You can do it! Keep at it and don't get discouraged if you plateau. Just keep at it. :^) I've lost 20 pounds just in January, with no exercise. Just counting my calories. My goal is 2 lbs per week so I was definitely surprised by the 20 pounds lost and not gained back yet. I have started to slow down on my weight loss but i'm still on par for 2 pounds per week. So keep at it and you will meet your goals :^)
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I felt exactly the same as you.. I started in September and loved the site straight away. It really teaches you where you're going wrong! I'm just maintaining now as I lost 30 lbs. Once you've lost what you want to you, your calories per day increases too :)
    Good luck!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Joined this site mid Dec. I am addicted already. I have lost 7 kg already since joining, +10 on my own. I have 30 to go. MFP ROCKS!
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I am stoked!!!:bigsmile:
    But, I am skeptical to see if this will work for me:tongue:
  • bkam13
    bkam13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    so, what's your game plan? you're going to count calories or do you have bigger plans (workouts, etc)?

My plan is to mainly cut out my calories to a decent level with a bit of exercise some days. I wish I could work out daily, but with me being a double major at a university and maintaining a job, I'm stretched thin enough as is.

I have to say though, I'm surprised at how easy it has been to get on this diet program. Normally when you think of diets, you think of starving yourself or choking down foods that really don't do anything for your hunger. So far I've only been hungry once while on this diet. I'm impressed.
  • ivanaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    that's wonderful! and it's just a matter of rime before your body gets used to not eating a lot and eating bad foods. you'll do great! :smile: