I'm struggling :(

Options
You may have seen my post yesterday, I lost 1lb in my first week.
Today is make or break! Is all this counting and hard work worth it? I'm either going to give up yet AGAIN! Or do brilliantly today! x

Replies

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do brilliantly! Don’t be disheartened... you can do it! And don't frown, it gives you wrinkles! :) xx
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Make It! The hard work is worth it!

<----(From someone who has struggled a month, but is finally back at it - I hope)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yea Do brilliant !!!!!!!! it will be worth it in the end
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    You can do it. The first few weeks are pretty difficult, but as soon as you see some changes, you'll see that it's worth it. If I had given up on my first struggle (which I was very, very close to doing), I never would have lost any weight (I've lost 26 lbs prior to MFP).
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    You can do this! Honestly you can. :smile:

A 1lb loss is great. The slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off.

Together we can do this! Good luck. xXx.
  • Grod6690
    Options
    You can do brilliantly. Just do yourself a favour and do not weigh yourself everyday, only once a week. Then when you do weigh yourself you will notice the difference. :)
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    Rome was not built in a day and every single day that you feel whether it is worthwhile counting calories, the further your goals is slipping away. Just get your mindset into gear and understand that this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix, so just get in routine and be patient...the results will come.
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It is hard to start but if you stick at it the whole thing becomes easier. You start to know the foods you eat regularly and without trying you manage to build a balanced meal without too much counting.
    The only person who can say if the effort is worth it is yourself. You have to have a clear reason for modifying your food habits and if you don't then it can be difficult to motivate yourself.
    be prepared for ups and downs, not everybody has a 'brilliant' weight loss at the start, but if you keep plugging away then you will see results.
    What it comes down to is desire, motivation and being proud of yourself for sticking to it.
    Who is the boss of you...... YOU ARE !!
  • twhitney
    twhitney Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A one pound loss is better than a one pound gain!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Pople wont agree with me but I feel you have to find a plan that fits ith you,calorie counting is time consuming bh there are lots of plans where you dont have to count calories points etc I dont know where you are but in the uk weve slimming world where you dont count you eat certain foods in certain groups like red day maily meats protiens etc easy extra is a mix with carbs and green is more carbs etc I like ww and this as I can have what I like in reason but I pick healthier options 80% of the time as I can have more.

You really have to find a plan that works for you?
    Do you have much to lose?
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I haven't been this motivated in years - if I go over my target calories then I go for a walk with the dog to bring me back into balance - that meant the dog got two walks today!:)
  • serenababe
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I lost 2 stone with slimming world but I've put a stone and a half back on and cant afford to ge back to meetings. I wanted to try something new and different to motivate me. I'd convinced myself I was loads thinner and that my clothes were a bit looser but they couldn't be with only a pound lost...
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I lost 2 stone with slimming world but I've put a stone and a half back on and cant afford to ge back to meetings. I wanted to try something new and different to motivate me. I'd convinced myself I was loads thinner and that my clothes were a bit looser but they couldn't be with only a pound lost...

Have you been exercising? Exercise causes your muscles to tighten and pull in, which would in fact make your clothes looser. You've probably lost inches which is great! I highly recommend taking measurements as I believe they are a more accurate way of tracking progress, particularly if you're exercising. Best of luck :) x
  • Jessastar
    Options
    Do it brilliantly!! Don't give up. :) It's worth the pain, AND before you know it, you'll be doing it so much you'll WANT to do it otherwise you won't feel right. :) x
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, you need to make changes to find out why you are struggling. Took me a while to find an eating plan I could follow. I had to eliminate some foods (like raw dairy) that I just don't digest well. You could have food allergies or intolerances that are affecting you, could be a number of things. But once you figure it out, you will feel great and be able to control your weight.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Today is "make or break"?
    With an attitude like that, there is no way you will ever succeed in reaching your fitness goals.
    It's either already worth the effort or it's not.
    Today is "make or break" ONLY if you face a setback, then quit like so many do.

I suggest you check the source of that attitude, make some adjustments, gather your energies and just BUCK UP!
    A winning attitude says "today might not go perfect, but NOTHING WILL STOP ME!"

Today is never "make or break"......
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pople wont agree with me but I feel you have to find a plan that fits ith you,calorie counting is time consuming bh there are lots of plans where you dont have to count calories points etc I dont know where you are but in the uk weve slimming world where you dont count you eat certain foods in certain groups like red day maily meats protiens etc easy extra is a mix with carbs and green is more carbs etc I like ww and this as I can have what I like in reason but I pick healthier options 80% of the time as I can have more.

You really have to find a plan that works for you?
    Do you have much to lose?

This exactly. Find something that works for you. Start small maybe change one thing about your diet or exercise. Once you feel you have stuck to that add something else to change. Little changes can make big differences.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My favourite quotes ever are, "Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going" and "It's a lifestyle; train as if there is no finish line."

If you can stay motivated for a week, two weeks, three weeks or a month, you'll develop habits that will eventually strengthen into everyday lifestyle changes, making your losses and eventual maintenance easier. All it takes is staying strong over the first few hurdles.