back again but this time is going to be hard

Options
Hi Everyone.
I used MFP last year to support my healthy living regime. I reached all my goals, I ran a 10k race in september and found I no longer needed to log on to give me the support to keep to my new healthier lifestyle. I was running 3 or 4 times a week and enjoying it. I was eating healthily and maintaining my weight. I felt good......
Then I got Flu on december 20th. I have been off work since then. I have now been diagnosed with Post Viral Fatigue. I have no energy, I can't even walk very far without excruciating pain in my joints and muscles. I am pretty much unable to do anything. And to top it all because I feel so low and bored I am comfort eating. I am avoiding the scales as I know I will feel worse. My clothes are starting to be too tight and I know I need to do something about it.

I have reset my goals on MFP and changed my activity level to sedentary rather than active. MFP now tells me I will lose less than 1lb a week which feels a miserable amount to lose a week. I know I only have around 10lb to lose and it is not alot but that extra 10lbs makes my clothes not fit and my self esteem to plummit.

So if there is anyone on MFP with similar issues or has had PVF and has got better. please get in touch and add me
Lindsey x

Replies

• lgoss87
    lgoss87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry to read this, i hope it gets better for you soon and you are able to do what you can! Good luck on your journey :) X
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.
    I used MFP last year to support my healthy living regime. I reached all my goals, I ran a 10k race in september and found I no longer needed to log on to give me the support to keep to my new healthier lifestyle. I was running 3 or 4 times a week and enjoying it. I was eating healthily and maintaining my weight. I felt good......
    Then I got Flu on december 20th. I have been off work since then. I have now been diagnosed with Post Viral Fatigue. I have no energy, I can't even walk very far without excruciating pain in my joints and muscles. I am pretty much unable to do anything. And to top it all because I feel so low and bored I am comfort eating. I am avoiding the scales as I know I will feel worse. My clothes are starting to be too tight and I know I need to do something about it.

I have reset my goals on MFP and changed my activity level to sedentary rather than active. MFP now tells me I will lose less than 1lb a week which feels a miserable amount to lose a week. I know I only have around 10lb to lose and it is not alot but that extra 10lbs makes my clothes not fit and my self esteem to plummit.

So if there is anyone on MFP with similar issues or has had PVF and has got better. please get in touch and add me
    Lindsey x

Hi Lindsay, feel free to add me if you want. I lost weight about two years ago, got down to my goal and then, bang, stop logging. Big mistake on my part.

So here I am, again, but on my way to my goal, been here one month now (where does the time go??)

Even after reaching my goal this time, I will continue logging, sodded if my weight should keep yo-yoing like this lol.