Anyone with IBS D or PCOS doing this?

Options
Hi Ive IBS D and PCOS and wondered if anyone else has,all week my tummys been ,much better but today its so bad and I feel yck like pre mfp so it must be eggs and baked beans?

Also I wondered if you have pcos DO YOU CUT CARBS TO LOW as I know that carbs arent good with pcos,I may have to try and cut them low ive changed it to 40carbs 30 fat 30 protein on my macros

This is harder than I thought not just counting calories its the rest of the stuffx

Replies

• MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    50 carbs a day? My dinner alone had more than 50 carbs.. all vegetables. I wouldn't survive! It must be really hard :c I hope you stick around though xx
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    not daily amount
    percent 40/30/30 sorry 40% carbs 30% protein 30% fat x
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    I've got my hand up for IBD. Baked beans would def do you in...I am religus about JuiceFestiv Prebiotics, coconut oil supplements & papaya enzyme after my biggest three meals (or I break them up to cover snack that may upset my tummy). My IBD acts up to spices, milk (not hard cheeses), simple carbs, beans & legumes, most veggies and hard fruits and etc etc. Papaya Enzyme did save me though. Plus I pop a Gas-x Prevention (Beano does *kitten* for me) to prevent the bloating that comes up with IBD. I haven't been able to handle meats properly for a few years now. Just something about it that destroys me inside out. I might give chicken or turkey another chance one day....in a few years lol.

With PCOS....I have no real experience with it. One of my HS friends had it and she was living the lower carb lifestyle. 40-30-30 Macros sound good, give it a shot. Stick to whole grain/whole wheat (although if whole grain is an issue with your IBS, pop a beano/gas-x preventon with the food). Get the most "bang for your buck" with regards to carbs lol.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi I have PCOS and i havent cut my carbs low since i joined MFP, i am aware that low carbs can be good for PCOS weightloss but pasta is one of the few foods my 2 small children will eat plenty of so i am working around it and it hasnt done me any harm, maybe the weight loss could be faster if i did cut them but i am happy with the results so far.

Good luck
  • I have IBS C-D and I know exactly what you mean about the tummy ache! I found that the first week of my dietary change my stomach felt better than it had for ages! However, the following week I really struggled. I'm not sure if it was the change in diet or the increase in exercise but I was in agony with it. The good thing about MFP though is you can make notes in your exercise diary of when the pain is particularly bad and the look back and see if there are trends around what you've eaten and what you've done to make it so bad. I find it useful, and it's helped me learn which foods to avoid and which help! Good luck x
  • picaropicara
    picaropicara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup, IBD. Triggers are bread (lessened with homemade or gluten free), fruit juices (and anything high sugar frankly) and too much fat. Milk is no good first thing in the morning, but I can have small amounts through the day. I try and mix up protein sources too, no more than one serving meat protein a day because too much can be a problem.
  • ellenmelon88
    Options
    I have PCOS i have tried not to eat too many pototas and trying to cut out a little on the carbs but not totally cutting down at all.. just been more aware of them.. I.E sunday dinner at my others halfs parents there was 3 massive new pototas on my plate so took them off where as before i would have eatten them but still having rice and pasta and jackets here and there..

hope this helps a little. xx
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have IBS d-c and the dr also belives I'm Prediebetic. I was instructed to lower my carbs to 30. I felt great the first 2 weeks and then I had a week of tummy trouble. Any change to your diet will upset your system. I try to have probiotic yogurt (my doctor said it absorbs better) everyday
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I am quite successful with calorie counting only as opposed to carb counting.
    I find it relitavely easy to lose weight, but also easy to put it back on! Feel free to add me if you want to see my diary. :)
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yup, I was diagnosed with PCOS about 14 years ago. Doctor had me on a very low fat diet but just wasn't doing anything at all so have been reducing my carbs instead for the last few days. Not by a ridiculous amount though as there are lots of carbs in veg and fruit which are obv very good for you and I'm not willing to drop those from my diet, so I've just cut down the stodgy carbs like bread/pasta/potatoes etc, I aim for around 100-150g carbs max per day. I don't think it has to be a crazy drop in carbs to make a difference personally. Lost 2lbs since the weekend (which is more than I'd lost in the last month) so I'm happy anyways :-)
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    Hiya,

I have IBS, i have found though since eating healthy and exercising, I go regularly and have not had any IBS attacks..so have stopped taking my tablets.
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about papaya enzyme and coconut oil as well my MIL has been using papaya enzyme for several years she highly recommends it she recently added the coconut oil to that as well she has slimmed down a great deal as a result. I am going to give it a try, I could use the Papaya enzyme I have a lot of bloating too.

Michelle