??????? protein ???

Options
Hi, Im new to all this first day 2day. So far a lil puzzled already lol

Im in minus points with my protein???

But still have like over 800 calories left does it make a difference if I go over on the protein if as long as I dont go over mt calories????

Please help

caroline x

Replies

• mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    don't worry about going over on yr protien. mfp usually has it set very low. most people set it around 40%carb 30% protien 30%fat, you can change it by going into yr settings. if you need any info about how much you should be eating then you could try searching the message board as there is heaps of info there.

welcome and best of luck on yr journey :)
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I guess minus point on protein should not be bad as long as you are watching Sodium and Carbs..
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued as to what you have eaten to have gone over your protein and have 800 calories left. You do need to eat those calories though.
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Protein is the bomb. Dont be worried about it. Carbs are what you need to concern yourself with. Make sure you hit your protein and fat goals. Doesnt matter if you go a little over on either of those.
  • minibusx
    Options
    Hi, thanks for comments, feel like a complete novice here lol

as to the question how am i over doing the protein , a tin of tuna was like 35 of my 54 and only like 100 calories

tuna is high in protein and low calories jus didnt realise that much lol

thanks again x
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    I shoot to almost triple my daily protein that MFP recommends, between 120-160 is my goal per day. Easy to do if you add a protein shake/bar before and after workout.