Somewhat new to MFP! I need tips and suggestions please!

Options
I have been using this website off and on for the past few months, but I'm going to start using it every day to keep track of my food and exercise. I've been going to the gym 3-4 times per week and eating around 1200 calories per day for the past month, yet I have no weight loss. I haven't measured myself to see if I lost inches but my clothes don't fit any looser, so I don't think I did. I do feel better, and the gym gets easier every day, so I know something is working. It's just getting frustrating that I'm used to losing weight fairly easily, and it seems like my hard work isn't paying off anymore. I'm looking for any tips. suggestions, success stories.. what worked for you? Also, I'd like some friends on here for support so please add me! :)

Replies

• Incredible_shrinking_woman
    Options
    I only been using MFP for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I can't answer why your body isn't losing weight for sure, but maybe you can try to lower your calories just a tad ?! Or work out a few minutes longer ? It's hard for me to give someone else advice that works for me, beause what works for me may not work for you.. But my advice is just hang in there, and don't give up ! You may just be on a plateau. Best of luck <3
  • leoniecoster0308
    Options
    Im sure you have heard it before but you muscle weighs more than fat - so athough you may not be loosing weight you are toneing up what you have got :)
  • angbrooks1
    Options
    For me, if I don't log everything I eat and all my excercise I don't even realize that I ate 500 more calories and I think I done great for the day but I really didn't. I think if you track everything you will realize the extra things you have ate and start losing. Hopefully this will help. Good luck! It's hard for us all.
  • knollmma
    knollmma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "maybe you can try to lower your calories just a tad ?! Or work out a few minutes longer ?"

I actually think you should do the opposite! I've only been on MFP for a little over a week and through reading posts I've learned that if you're not eating enough to support the amount of exercise you're doing, you can put your body into starvation mode which slows your metabolism. Your body may be hanging onto the weight because it thinks you're not giving it enough calories. I was skeptical at first when MFP told me I could eat up to my daily 1350 calories...plus 600 more calories that I earned from working out! I was sure that there was no way I could lose weight eating 1950 calories a day. So far, I've followed what MFP has told me and I've lost a few pounds! So, in short...try eating more! Your body deserves it for all the hard work! Good Luck!
  • freckles465
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! Now that I think about it, I've always lost more weight coming out of the weekend when I pigged out as opposed to during the week when I watched my calories! Maybe I do need to eat more.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Based on what I've read since being a member here you should definitely be trying to eat most, if not all of your exercise calories back...and make sure you log everything! Good luck! :D