Darn....

Options
I'm back once again, this is the third time.

the good news: I'm still down 6 pounds and exercising atleast twice a week about 30 minutes each time (usually more)

The bad news: nightime snacking is still keeping me fat, plus I'm still a drive thru junkie (atleast four times a week)

ANY SUGGESTION ABOUT LATE NIGHT SNACKING AND DRIVE THRU ADDICTIONS??

:flowerforyou:
Thanks,
Carmen (78 days to my wedding- I hope the dress fits!!)

98244.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Drive through-get the kid's meals. That way you get a little bit of everything and not too much of the wrong thing.
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i like the snack wraps...grilled chiken hole the dressing on the side and try having a lite snack before bed and see if thats works ..i like apples and peanut butter...
  • clifford89
    Options
    This is my second time here. Just restarted today. I know it sounds like nagging but just drive past the drive thrus. I have to. I would stop every morning on my way home and buy breakfast even if I wasn't really hungry. I think it was just a bad habit. Then I would stop on the way to work. I started packing my own lunch. This helped me with my late night snacks too. I pass several fast food places on the way home and to work but I just keep driving. Think of all the money you can save too, those places add up quick. Good luck.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds Cheeseburger Happy Meal, with OJ is 590 cals, less if you do a 0 cal drink...............they should never have made the bigger meals, this is satisfying enough. It's piggy to eat more....so don't. Honestly it is filling.....for Burger king it's the chicken fingers and a small fry or the sliders (2) and a small fry. Not a whopper or bigmac....that is TOO much food.

I am a victim of the late night snacking too.......not sure how to get outa that one except to say, save some calories for it and choose wisely. I save about 300 cals for my after 9pm cravings.....if I don't I will go over by that much.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Bride092909
    Bride092909 Posts: 104
    Options
    The kids meals is a great idea, thanks...never thought of that.

I love apples and peanut butter too, thanks :)

98244.png
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    you can look-up the nutrition guides of your favorite fast food restaurants online or ask at the restaurants. Make yourself a cheat sheet of low cal/fat foods that you can have at each restaurand, and put it in your glove compartment. Next time you "have" to grab a fast food, you'll have a list of foods to choose from and be more informed about the calories you're consuming.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm back once again, this is the third time.

the good news: I'm still down 6 pounds and exercising atleast twice a week about 30 minutes each time (usually more)

The bad news: nightime snacking is still keeping me fat, plus I'm still a drive thru junkie (atleast four times a week)

:flowerforyou:
    Thanks,
    Carmen (78 days to my wedding- I hope the dress fits!!)

98244.png

P.S. I know the concern about the wedding dress, I am getting married on 7/25/09 in Vegas and have a hot Marilyn Monroe halter dress to get in .....................................freaking out...I am still 229lbs.......hoping that my large breast will steal the show instead of my flabby arms and gushy stomach.....:blushing:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals before hand then the drive thrus wont be an option. I plan dinners on Sunday before I go to the grocery store. If that doesn't work for you, try limiting the eating out to 1x per week....like as a reward. Also set a time that you are not going to eat after (like 7pm). I work out late so I make my cut off 8pm. Good luck and you CAN do it!!! :smile:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options

Brush you teeth after your dinner. Use listerine, nothing tastes good after listerine. And just say no to fast food. You will feel SO much better.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome back :flowerforyou:

my advice? just don't do it. Eventually telling yourself no will get easier, trust me.
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Just say no to the fast food. You will thank yourself later.

As for the snacking pick a time that you aren't going to eat after. It will help when the urge comes on. When I need an evening snack I slice up some fresh fruit about a cup and then have some fat free cool whip on it. It is a little dessert that I don't feel guilty about.

Good luck!
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options

my advice? just don't do it. Eventually telling yourself no will get easier, trust me.

This is true. I have to pretty much avoid fast food all together. If I start, I won't stop.
    I will always have to work on the willpower to just say no.
  • stewartmn
    stewartmn Posts: 15
    Options
    put your money in the back of your car...that way at least if you're going to stop it's more work than it's worth! Then put a healthy snack in a bag next to you. If you're truly hungry, you can eat the healthy snack instead. I don't drive and there's no fast food in our town...this just popped into my head! Sorry if it sounds dumb! :smile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I was a fast food junkie... thats all I would eat, two fast food meals a day - every day.
    I'm proud to say in the last two weeks I've only had fast food once, and when I did I sat on their website beforehand figuring what I could eat.

I still crave it a lot... I really think they put crack in their food... but everytime I do I think to myself 'ok I have 300 calories left for the day... what could I get from Taco Bell?' (Taco bell is my weakness) So I'll hop online to see what I could get from taco bell, or burger king, or <insert fast food place here> and when I check the facts for the things I'm craving and see that its 500-700+ calories it almost instantly takes that craving away. Then if I'm still hungry I search the fridge for something.

Its a lot of willpower to not stop in when you're driving past. But think to yourself which is more important - the whopper or getting thin and healthy. If anyone on this site answers the whopper I will be speechless.

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • alisha11
    alisha11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem...I usually work 3 to 11s and I'm starving and I'm all about convenience so I usually go to taco bell or burger king...The new thing I've started trying is I tell myself I'll still go but I'll come back in a bit, just convincing myself that I'm still going to get what I want. It's an inner battle:happy: but then when I get home I have meals ready or something healthy to snack on and I tell myself it's not worth the gas or the money to go back and get something to eat, and by then my craving is usually gone. :flowerforyou:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    re: Fast food: I'm with everyone else. Just stop caving to yourself. You're the only one who can stop, so do it.

re: evening snacks: I work out at 8:00PM. It is late but I find that's the most convenient time. What I didn't expect is that it also cuts down on the evening cravings. I'm an evening snacker as well. After a good work out I'm not in the mood for snacks. On the odd occasion, water doesn't quench my thirst so I'll have pineapple or melon or something of the sort.

Hope that helps.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options