Zumba

Options
I'm thinking about joining a Zumba class, any opinions or thoughts on if it's worth it?

Replies

• ahager88
    Options
    I love Zumba! It's a super fun way to get in a good hour of cardio. I usually get bored doing the elliptical or tread mill, so this is a good alternative. They have good music and fun dance moves. I go once a week, but would go more if I had transportation. I think it would be a great investment for you to go to Zumba! The hour goes by very quickly.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is a great workout and you are moving every part of your body! I went Saturday and had a blast. I am trying to change up my workouts and I to get tired of the ellitical machine...but it is a great workout as well.

So I would try it
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    yea, i just need something different. thanks!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA TOO!!! I'm a teacher here! We have great participation and everyone seems to love it!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    WORTH IT! I found myself actually excited about working out, several times a week. It really depends on the instructor though...I lucked out that I have an amazing instructor that is literally minutes from my house. But I'd drive pretty far if I knew it was a good class.
  • nifnerf
    nifnerf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE the Zumba. Love it! Such a good workout. Did I mention I love it? :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I miss zumba. The instructor left our YMCA. I wish she'd come back.
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    I am Zumba obsessed and take classes numerous times a week. I would highly recommend it! It is truly the reason for my weight loss.
  • ljones6
    Options
    Absolutely! I've been going for over a year and I just love it. The people are great, everyone has fun, you get to laugh...it's a wonderful way to get your cardio in. I go at least 3 times a week. And I'll be 62 in a month and a half and still going strong!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am Zumba obsessed and take classes numerous times a week. I would highly recommend it! It is truly the reason for my weight loss.

thats good to hear, im in a weight loss slump. hopefully itll do the same for me
  • frillypantz
    Options
    YES YES YES Zumba is definatly the best execise class for the money you pay! Mine is £4 for an hour and i've never found anything quite so addictlive!! I've read somewhere that it burns 600cals+ per hour too
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Meh. JUST KIDDING! I love it. 60 min. 2x a week minimum, i love doing the 90 min master classes too. Addicted!
  • nshaikh12
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are burnt doing an hour of Zumba?