Treadmill advice

Options
I'm wanting to get a treadmill sometime in the near future (hopefully). Looking for suggestions on brands that are really good quality but won't break the bank. Any suggestions? I've looked at reviews on Amazon for treadmills in my price bracket, but there are always so many conflicting views, that it gets overwhelming. What do YOU use? Do you like it? How long have you had it? Any issues? How much $$? Where did you purchase it? All that jazz. Thanks for your help. :)

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I love the one at my gym. it has so many different modes. I don't remember the brand off hand. I will look tomorrow and let you know.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love the Life Fitness ones they have at the gym.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I really like my NordicTrac Treadmill. I bought it brand new 11 years ago and I use it a lot and it has been fantastic!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I have a Sole F83. I love it since it's a really good quality treadmill but it still folds up so it's out of the way when I don't need it. I bought it in 2007 and it's still going strong after all my race training over the years. It was around $1700 when I bought it and I got it at a store that only sells fitness equipment.

Good luck on your search!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a Shwin and I love it. I bought it used for $300, it was $1800 brand new.
  • Jeremysircy
    Options
    i have a nordic trac its has a wide belt and ifit wide belt is a must i think i paid $650 but couldve been more i bought it at sears on clearance but its a good one everyone in our house uses it and we are all big people all over 200lbs so it handles the stress we put on it with no hessitation dont cheap out
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't own a treadmill since I don't really have room for one along with my stationary bike, but I'd suggest checking out Costco, if you have a membership. Their prices have been really good lately for treadmills.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have a nordic trac its has a wide belt and ifit wide belt is a must i think i paid $650 but couldve been more i bought it at sears on clearance but its a good one everyone in our house uses it and we are all big people all over 200lbs so it handles the stress we put on it with no hessitation dont cheap out

Good advice. We just purchased a nordic trac from Sears and I love it. Get one that handles the weight load (the higher the motor number the better, like a 3.0 chp or higher) and has a good warranty as sometimes things go wrong. Another thing check to see if they do the warranty work or contract it out. Sears does there own work, sometimes when it is contracted out you have a longer wait time to get it looked at.

It is our second machine, the other one is now off warranty and is showing signs of wear. The maintenance man that checked it over said in all his years of doing warranty work he has never seen a treadmill with such a high mileage count.

We decided to go for a new one with a warranty instead of putting money into the older one.