logging spices and seasonings?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if everyone logs the spices and seasonings they cook with in their food dairies?

I cook everyday, and I am always using different types of spices and seasoning on my food. I tend to use "no salt" varieties, but when I do I will input those to get my sodium information. but other than that I won't.

Just wanted to get some peoples thoughts on this, perhaps I am not seeing a realistic calorie intake because I don't log this information.

Thanks

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    If there is no nutrition facts on the label, I don't log it. I assume that stuff like oregano, cumin, cilantro, etc, is so low it won't really matter. I log spice mixes for sodium tracking. Stuff like old bay, Emeril's essence, lemon pepper seasoning.
  • vilardip1
    Options
    if i grind some salt and pepper on my steak, usually not...but if i use a teaspoon or tablespoon in a recipe i log it
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    If there is no nutrition facts on the label, I don't log it. I assume that stuff like oregano, cumin, cilantro, etc, is so low it won't really matter. I log spice mixes for sodium tracking. Stuff like old bay, Emeril's essence, lemon pepper seasoning.

Same here.