"700 calorie obese" finally turning it around

Options
I just wanted to share this with those of you struggling to "fix" your metabolism after under eating till you were fat. It takes a while, and you HAVE to eat, but this will turn around. Here is my 7 week track record at 1230 calories. Notice iniial weight gain and then finally beginning to lose consistently. I have now lost 2.2 pounds, so stick with it!

Week gain/loss

1 + 0.4
2 + 1.8
3 + 0.4
4 -3.0
5 0.0
6 -0.2
7 -1.6

Replies

• moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    good for you, and keep it up!
  • bourbonqueen
    Options
    That's really great, well done :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome...it is just such a hard concept for so many of us...I FINALLY got it and thank GOD...I never ate that few, but still too few for my body. I do lots of cardio and weights and I couldn't loose at 1200, 1350 a little for short while then dead halt, then went up to 1500...scaled fluctuated bet. the same 3lbs to no frustrating end. THEN FINALLY, I read New rules of weight lifting for women's nutrition and for the last 6wks I have bumped cals to 1800 non-workout days and 2000-2500 on workout days with ratios at 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat...what a life changing decision. No more binge carb eating for me!!! I lost 4lbs the first week, gained back 3lbs, but by the 4th week I was back at a true loss of 3lbs with inch of my waist. At week 6 I am now down 5.2 lbs...the fat loss has been tremendous and with lifting heavier I know I have gained muscle.

So, said all that to say, we have to eat to fuel our engine...I tell anyone that will listen the low cals just puts our bodies in starvation mode. We need calories loaded with good protiens, fruits, veggies, good fats, and lots of fiber.

Keep up the good work!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your first line "undereating till your fat"!!!

So, so, sooooo true!!! GOOD for you, hon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!