Options
I am new to the site. I recently started a program through my local doctor/hospital that is based on changing all aspects of life to include nutrition, exercise, physical health, and mental health. I am hoping to find motivation and support as I drop 130 pounds. I know it isn't going to be easy and will take a long time but, I also know that it is hard work and time well spent to gain back my life. :happy:

Replies

• californiahomegirl
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations for the courage to start the journey! We really can gain back our lives. Small changes one at a time seems the recommended way to go. It helps me to stay focused on my motives and be mindful about what I do--and what I feel.
    I am in the early stages of change myself. I love this site that lets me keep track of my daily progress. I decided I wouldn't do it unless I was 100% honest with myself--that means going in the next day and adding all those calories I hadn't planned on eating. You can't cheat with your body--it's going to show up. Now, I'm seeing where I'm most tempted and need to make those changes mindfully. One day at a time, one pound at a time!
  • nikiclaire
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!! Congrats on the first step. add yourself lots of friends and take encouragement from them (everyone of my MFP Friends seem v nice). I have added you as a friend and look forward to hearing more from you about your progress. Good Luck!!!!!
  • strawberryshortbread
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I also have a lot of weight to lose, approx 100lbs and i have decided that i am going to do this now with the support of this community. It can be done we just have to be strong, committed and focussed and when we lose it remember why we are trying to do this!

Feel free to add me as a friend for support.

I look forward to following your progress!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP; this is a great place to get started on a wonderful journey.
    Getting healthy and fit is actually very simple but it's just hard work.
    You seem to have the perfect attitude.
    Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.

AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • PredsGal
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! I have found that using this site (and the app on my phone) to really, honestly track what I'm putting into my body keeps me accountable. I can walk past the candy bowl or the table with bagels knowing that if I give in, I'll have to write it down and see my totals go askew. On the flip side, when I put in the exercise and see how that's positively impacting my day it is really a great motivator to keep going!

Change is hard. But if you are truly committed I'm sure you will do great! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish, and I'll offer encouragement as much as I can.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is *LOADS* of information in the forums and blogs, don't be shy to search for information, motivationg photos, and typical issues people meet. And naturally, we're all here to help ya!

Best of luck in your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    :) well done for taking the first step to changing your life
    <3 xx
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! You're gonna LOVE it here! :o)
  • Noel1114
    Noel1114 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you, you can definitely do it. One tip record everything you eat and then over time you can get rid of the foods that have too much calories and aren't good for you. Just set small targets, nothing too big initially and as you hit them you'll feel a wonderful sense of achievement. One day at a time and remember everyone can do it.