Anyone try Jillian Michaels' 6 week six pack?

Options
I'm ready to move on and try something else. I've had success (losing inches not weight) with the 30 day shred, but I wondered how many of you have tried the 6 week six pack dvd? I was thinking of maybe picking that up, and possibly the killer buns & thighs. I wondered how much cardio are in each of these, or if I will need to supplement with cardio.

Thoughts? Success stories? :)

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have it on order. I read all of the reviews on Amazon.com. I also ordered Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I'm on Level 3 of 30DS and plan on adding in 6w6p as soon as I receive it.
  • kimgravel
    Options
    Have and love all the ones mentioned here. There is still a cardio component to Killer B&T & 6W6P, but not as much as with RI30 or I'm assuming 30DS. Your heart still gets up there though. BFBM is mostly all cardio, so I rotate between them all.
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How about No More Trouble Zones? The reviews are really good on that one too. I really like the way Jillian motivates and keeps me going. I went through the 30DS twice, at different times, and it really helps. I'm looking for more of her training goodness. :)
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now. I did Level 1 for a week and just finished Level 2. She recommends doing Level 1 for 3 weeks and Level 2 for 3 weeks. I was getting bored with Level 1.....I did it every day. So I thought I'd see if I could do Level 2. I could. So, I'll continue with it. I like it. The DVD is not just an ab workout.......Arms, legs, glutes, back, etc.....all get a work out. Heartrate gets a lot higher in Level 2.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    squats and dead-lifts
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love this video!!!

Each level is about 40 minutes (ish).
    When I first started doing it, I was not used to doing any squats/lunges or leg work of any sort. So after the first day, I was very very very sore. The first level is plank-heavy and floor work. My back was also sore with level one (just the first week or so), and I know a couple people who couldn't stick with the video because it made their backs hurt (one is a marathoner).
    Level two is more leg work - lots and lots of lunges!
    There is a small cardio component to each level, but not much. I usually do this video followed by 30DS. I do these as my strength days 2-3 days a week, and run 3-4 days a week.
    On a side note, my DVD is totally wonky now - level one is all scratched and unusable. I've only had it since August, and use it 2-3 times a week. Major bummer that I'm going to have to buy another copy eventually.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I am about to order another one. I have 30DS and really enjoy it! But want more! Good to know ladies!!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have it!! It's a really great ab workout but there isn't much cardio..
    It's still a good workout but I normally added a smallish run on the days I did it.

For the person who said they are going to purchase Banish Fat Boost Metabolism....that is ALL cardio and probably Jillian's toughest dvd. Don't feel bad if you can't get through the entire thing...I still have trouble completing the whole thing. That being said, it's a kick *kitten* workout! You're exhausted afterward and you know that you've worked really hard :)

I also have Killer Buns and Thighs...I've only done it a couple of times (due to lack of time, not because I don't like it). It's a TOUGH workout as well with a lot more cardio that 6W6P.

I also highly recommend Ripped in 30...4 HARD workouts on one dvd....and it follows the format of 30DS, which I loved!

All in all, you really can't go wrong with a Jillian DVD :)
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How about No More Trouble Zones? The reviews are really good on that one too. I really like the way Jillian motivates and keeps me going. I went through the 30DS twice, at different times, and it really helps. I'm looking for more of her training goodness. :)

I'm doing this now along with 30 Day Shred (just starting level 2 tonight) - its really hard work, if you like a challenge then go for it :)
  • acora
    acora Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started using 6W6P two days ago! I really love how it incorporates exercises that work not just your core, but your butt, thighs, back, and arms, too! I will admit, I am not used to doing lunges and many of these little exercises, so right now, I am extremely sore. I really like the video and definitely suggest it to anyone who wants to tone up! Even with only doing it for the past two days, I am already feeling a major difference :)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    How about No More Trouble Zones?

Also a GREAT workout! It's more about strength training and toning than cardio, but you're still dripping in sweat by the end! I love this work out, it's one of my favorites by Jillian. It's a little longer than her others (about 50 minutes) and you're about ready to pass out by the end but she does a great job of motivating you to get through it.
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    I just started that DVD on Sunday. I love it. very challenging. nice way to incorporate a quick but killer 30 minute wkout into your schedule
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Out of my 7 Jillian DVDs, my top four favorites that I do the most are 6 Week Six-Pack, Killer Buns & Thighs, Ripped in 30, & Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

Next time I see No More Trouble Zones for a good price I may pick it up - heard great things about that one too. And looking forward to her new Kickboxing workout coming out March 6th!
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I just ordered No More Trouble Zones and the 6 week Six pack- I can't wait to get started with something new! I didn't want to go overboard getting 3 at one time, so the next purchase will be Killer buns and thighs. :)
  • princess7606
    princess7606 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just started the 6 week 6 pack but I am finding it less challenging than the 30ds, which was addictive for me. I also enjoy Yoga Inferno which includes a lot o cardio but also stretching. I love Yoga Inferno.

I bought 4 DVDs in a set (6 week 6 pack, 30 day shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones). My ex housemate stole "No More Trouble Zones" so I have re-ordered it and I have not tried Banish Fat Boost Metabolism yet.

I have found that doing the 10 minute Solution pilates dvds prior to a jillian workout means I have better control of my core and get a better workout, hopefully hitting my trouble zone, which is my belly.

I have lost only two inches off my lower abs and ended up losing 3.5 inches off of my thighs which was not my goal. I have ended up losing 11 pounds with the 30ds which may send me underweight instead of simply getting the flab off the stomach. I have tried increasing the calories.