so hungry ;(

Options
I'm supposed to eat 1580 calories per day and argh, it's so hard. I'm so used to eating alot. I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad.... and now I guess I don't QQ! How long does it take for say, your tummy to shrink down to a normal size if you're used to eating lots? (3,000+ calories per day) This is almost worse than quitting smoking was ;(

Replies

• alisha11
    alisha11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started and I felt the exact same way, have you tried increasing how much water your drinking, and just making healthier foods available?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What are you eating now? I went from 4-6k calories to 2100 and I feel full all day. Has a lot to do with what you eat.
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    Try filling up on low cal veggies and more fruit
    :flowerforyou:
  • leiba
    leiba Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm supposed to eat 1580 calories per day and argh, it's so hard. I'm so used to eating alot. I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad.... and now I guess I don't QQ! How long does it take for say, your tummy to shrink down to a normal size if you're used to eating lots? (3,000+ calories per day) This is almost worse than quitting smoking was ;(

I don't know... but try chugging water! And plain green tea. Green tea is a diuretic and aids in weight loss (studies show), and the fluids add no calories but fill you up for some time. If you fill up on water, there won't be as much room for food.
    And try to watch sodium intake. Don't add salt to your foods and try not to cook w/ too much. Try seasoning w/ a splash of lemon juice or fresh herbs and spices.
    Virtually all processed foods have salt in them, and often WAY too much... which will make you retain water and make your tummy puffy as well. I read that if you actually add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice to your water, it acts as a diuretic also... thus shedding water weight. Plus it's loaded w/ antioxidants.
    Good luck!
  • leiba
    leiba Posts: 12
    Options
    What are you eating now? I went from 4-6k calories to 2100 and I feel full all day. Has a lot to do with what you eat.

Good point.... a high fiber/high protein breakfast would probably take you pretty far through the day. Try Kashi's Go Lean fiber/protein cereal.

Fiber definitely aids in weight loss, b/c it fills you up for longer! Eat whole grains and the veggies are loaded w/ fiber too.
    With high fiber though, be sure to drink lots of water to aid digestion... otherwise you could increase your flatulence and feel bloated. :blushing:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Good point.... a high fiber/high protein breakfast would probably take you pretty far through the day. Try Kashi's Go Lean fiber/protein cereal.

Fiber definitely aids in weight loss, b/c it fills you up for longer! Eat whole grains and the veggies are loaded w/ fiber too.
    With high fiber though, be sure to drink lots of water to aid digestion... otherwise you could increase your flatulence and feel bloated. :blushing:

I've had around 42g of fiber today w/o dinner. Makes a big difference!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it took about a week in the beginning for me to have my stomach feel satisfied with smaller portions. now, if I overeat, I feel uncomfortably full, and that helps keep me on track.:flowerforyou:

hang in there!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Aww, hang in there! I've felt the same way as you!

According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, your stomach will definately shrink and you will feel full with less food so don't worry, your body will adjust; you won't feel hungry forever (or at least that's how it feels).

Generally it will take a few weeks m/l, depending on how much you stretched your stomach out before.

I can send you the link to the clinical abstract if you are interested.

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

(and have an apple, they are good for you!)

PS trust me on the smoking thing...I crave cigarettes every single day but with food, I'm full and satisfied most days.
  • maladie
    maladie Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive adivce everyone, anna do you mind posting that link to the abstract? I'm curious now!
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive adivce everyone, anna do you mind posting that link to the abstract? I'm curious now!

Sure :smile:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/63/2/170?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=stomach+shrink&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

I found this through the database library files at my college, so the link is long (copy and paste it into your browser). It's a pdf file so you'll need to have reader on your computer (sorry - I don't know how much you know about computers).

When you open the page, click the "abstract" link on the right.

HTH :flowerforyou:

Liza