New to Fitness Pal, just moved, needing support.

Options
I have lost 20 lbs in the last year, but I'm looking to really go full force now. I would like to lose 60-70 more. We just relocated to the Nashville area, and making friends is hard when you are a stay-at-home mom plus I need people to be accountable to besides myself. I have 4 kids, and a wonderful husband and I just want to feel better about myself.

Replies

• RachCx
    RachCx Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in a slightly similar situation to u. I'm originally from Scotland in the uk and have moved to France with my fiancé. I only work one day a week and spent most of my time alone in at home. It hard to make friends because of the language barrier . I do believe this kind of situation makes it hard not to comfort eat etc but I'm trying to kick those bad habits!

I'm not sure if ur kids are at school but if they are, try to get to a gym while they are and maybe you might meet friends there :)

X
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im a mom trying to lose weight too. You can add me as a friend if you need a cheer leader every once in a while.
  • mcriley9906
    Options
    hi, i'm new on here too.. i am also a mom of 2 great little ones. i work from home i am looking to lose total of 75 lbs, but would like to lose at least 50 by august.. i would love to be friends and support you...best of luck. i have only been on here a day and already finding it a great website..missy
  • sspetter
    sspetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new, started January 8 and have lost 11 lbs using Fitness Pal. I just love it. Funny, all the diets we have been on (me oh, since I was six!) it always comes back to the basic counting calories works!
    Good luck everyone! We can all do this!
  • jess78rae
    jess78rae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My neighborhood has a free community gym, and the only time I can go is at night when my hubby's home to watch the kids, but no one is ever there, which is kind of nice, but lonely.
  • april1128
    april1128 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • april1128
    april1128 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile: hi i'm new to this myself
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    I sent you an add. Welcome, and best of luck to you!
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My 3 children are 19, 17 and 13 and I want to get back to my pre baby weight! I've lost a bit of weight over the last 2 years but people are noticing the difference this year now I've joined mfp and started running c25k. I've started to believe I CAN do it!
  • sspetter
    sspetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I have to say, I am loving Myfitnesspal!
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mother as well. I've lost over 40lbs since Nov. 2010. And I have about 20 more to go. Add me if you'd like to. I'm here is you need me!