Whats your routine?

Options
What is your routine? I am new to working out, but I feel like such a lard. I feel like I am not pushing myself at all. I need someone in my face telling me to go harder. (Anyone have a MP3 with it on there LOL!)

For example, this is my work out last night:

100 Leg presses at 110
100 hip abductions at 170
100 hip adductions at 90
50 (god for the life of me I can think of the name, but it works my biceps)
And then I rode my bike for 2.5 miles (15 Minutes) I have a lot of Knee problems, and I need to strengthen my legs before I can do cardio the way I want to.

Replies

• mo_is_here
    Options
    This is what I do for example:

Mon- Back and Biceps (4 -5 exercises each part) 3 sets of 12 for each exercise. Then 1 hour of cardio. I usually do elliptical and either cycle, rower or stair climber.

Tues - Chest and Triceps (same as above, 4-5 exercises each body part) 3 sets of 12. 1 hour Cardio.

Wed - Legs and Shoulders (same as above). 1 hour Cardio

Thurs - rest

Fri - Back and Biceps (same routine as Monday)

Sat/Sun - on the weekends I typically run 3-4 miles.

During the week I also toss in a 15 minute plyometric routine to really get my heart rate up and to build endurance. I do this 2 tims a week.

That's it.
  • binkxo3
    Options
    Thank you!

Right now, I am pretty much doing what ever I can get on to at the gym. But that’s because I dont have a plan. I really need to sit down and figure it out. Im not comfortable working out at the gym every day, so i go every other day. On the days I do not go, I do go for a walk around town.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You DEFINITELY need a new play. Many of these exercises aren't doing much for you. I assume your primary goal is fat loss, right?
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Mon---swim laps 90 min 3500+ yards

Tue - Arc trainer 20 min
    Weight machines 60 min...all machines both upper and lower body, just started this two weeks ago.
    elliptical 45 min

Wed---swim laps 90 min 3500+ yards

Thur - Arc trainer 20 min
    Weight machines 60 min...all machines both upper and lower body, just started this two weeks ago.
    elliptical 45 min

Fri---swim laps 90 min 3500+ yards

Sat - Arc trainer 20 min
    elliptical 45 min

Sunday - Off from both exercise and worrying about calorie intake
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    Sunday: Run 6 or 7miles at 10min mile pace
    Monday: Rest (no workout)
    Tuesday: AM 30 Mins on the elliptical (life fitness brand rolling hill lvl 9 with 3 mins cool down 6pmh) [or run the same]/ PM 40-45mins TRX resistance training.
    Wednesday: Swim (laps) 30 mins OR run 30mins 6mph
    Thursday: Do whichever i didn't do Wednesday
    Friday: AM TRX resistance training 30-40 minutes
    Saturday: Rest
  • MrMaxed
    MrMaxed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong (I am a husband, so often wrong) but 100 seems like too many reps with too little weight.
    Most strength exercises are based on 3 sets 8-15 reps. By the end of the 3 sets you should feel it a lot and not be able to do more.
    But if that works for you, cool!

For me it varies, if I am at home or can hit the gym. At home, I have limited equipment, so I try and maximize what I do when at the gym.

STRENGTH UPPER
    SETS REPS

Ab Machine
    3 12

Back Extension
    3 15

Kettlebell Swing
    1 50

Arm Curl
    3 10

Tricep Extension
    3 10

Seated Chest Press
    3 10

Lat Pulldown
    3 12

Seated Chest Fly
    3 12

Rear Delt Fly
    3 12

=====
    STRENGTH LOWER
    SETS REPS

Leg Extension
    3 12

Leg Curl
    3 12

Leg Press
    3 20/12/8

Squat
    2 10

Calf Raise
    3 12

=====
    CARDIO
    L/M/V=Light/Moderate/Vigorous

Arc Trainer
    30 M

Eliptical
    30 V

Kettlebell Swing
    1 50
  • SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    Mines is very informal, I just do cardio at least 4 to 5 times a week for a min of 30 mins (max an hour); and weights 3 to 4 times a week with 2 pound dumbbells with 50 to 75 reps, with 3 to 5 sets.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Have you tried anything like Bootcamp? This might be your thing. Every day is different, someone is planning the workouts for you so it takes the guess work off of you, and it's full of people to push you and encourage you. You can modify so you don't hurt your knee, but it might be a great way to stay motivated. Just an idea!
  • belovedromena
    belovedromena Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Monday-Bar Method
    Tues-TRX
    Wednesday-Pilates
    Thursday-Tread & Shred
    Friday-Tracy Anderson + dance class
    Saturday-Tread & Shred
    Sunday-long walk with Husband
    PLUS, walk the dog 1/2 hour daily.

My advice is:
    1. find group classes to attend if you can-they are very motivating! If you need to ride, try a spin class.
    2. go to Jog.fm and download motivating music which will get you to ride faster
    3. do something everyday that makes you sweat. If you aren't sweating, you aren't working
    4. try to work out in the morning if possible. Sets you on the right track for the day.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Monday- Yoga and Cardio
    Tuesday- Full Body lifting routine
    Wednesday- Rest day
    Thursday- Full Body lifting routine
    Friday- Rest day
    Saturday- Full Body lifting routine, sometimes some Cardio after
    Sunday- Rest day, very light Cardio occassionally

*ETA My Lifting routines come from New Rules of Lifting for Women at the moment. It includes squats, deadlifts, and lots of other compound full body workouts.
  • binkxo3
    Options
    Thanks guys! I work full time, so I can’t do the morning, and sadly 99% of the classes are during the day. So I am basically on my own here. I really appreciate the advice!