Returning to MFP & looking for more friends!

Options
I used MFP previously, but stopped using it. I just started again recently under a new ID because I wanted to start everything all over again. I just joined Gold's Gym and paid for some personal training sessions to learn more appropriate exercises and also to get nutrition help because an underlying food addiction. I have about 120 pounds to lose to get to where I'd really like to be & have been overweight for the past 12 years. I'm finally completely sick & tired of being sick & tired & know I need appropriate help to achieve my goals and get healthy once again.

I'm currently 36 & married. We have 2 daughters (almost 12 & 7-1/2 years old). We have 2 dogs (a lab/retriever & great pyrenees/shepherd). I'm currently going to college full-time to pursue my dream of becoming a high school Spanish teacher. I'll be getting my Associate's from a local community college in May & then will be attending a university in August 2012 (not quite sure which one yet).

I'd love more friends on here if anyone is interested!

Michelle

Replies

• WadeyLady
    Options
    Added you! I'm new on here today. Liking it so far......more than facebook! :p
  • bordereiver
    bordereiver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the important thing right in your head, and I guess that IS the best thing when looking at weight loss. Whilst you've a way to go (so have I...!!) I'm sure new friends and inspirational successes on MFP will help you to achieve your goals.
    Glad to add you and I look forward to seeing you achieve what you've set yourself. Best of luck! Paul. :smile:
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here! Add me if you like. I have tons to lose, so I will be here awhile! :) Wishing the best in your journey to a healthier you. Just remember to enjoy the ride. :)
  • alix1105
    Options
    You have a lot going on lady!!! you should be proud of yourself :) good luck to your new goals!!!
  • sarahrockz24
    sarahrockz24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just joined and it's amazing! Anyone here can feel free to add me, sarahrockz24. I can use the motivation and I'm sure we all can :)
  • shadowjacy
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Jackie, I'm from Puerto Rico looking for friends and support!:flowerforyou:
  • healthylife_tx
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I messed up this week & gained a couple pounds. I'm trying not to be discouraged though!! I just bought a BodyMedia FIT device yesterday because I wanted a better idea of exactly what I'm burning, especially when working out with the trainer at the gym. I think it will help me stay motivated more too since it's constantly on my arm reminding me of my goals!
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Added you. We can motivate each other.