Is it true.,,,

Options
Hj723
Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
That I can't gain muscle and lose weight at the same time? I think I read this somewhere on here and I'm confused. I'm 5'4" 162lbs goal weight 135lbs ideal goal weight 128lb. I've been walking a mile 5 days a week on my lunch break and then doing 30DS every other day with a dance cardio and then on other days using a Jackie Warner video to do a circuit of which ever part of my body isn't that sore. I'm doing something at least 5 days a week for at about 30-45 minutes. I noticed I gained one big ole pound this week but I figured it was just some muscle.

Replies

• Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sooo I guess I'll take it that no one knows.
  • PompousClock
    Options
    I didn't know, so I Googled it. Plenty of websites assure readers that they can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, noting that the maximum amount of muscle an adult can gain in a year is 15 pounds, with most able to achieve 5 pounds of muscle gain per year. Here'a one overview of the process:

So YES, you can gain muscle and lose fat and here’s how:

1.Constant influx of protein. 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day taken 5-6 equal portions spaced evenly through out the day – otherwise your nuclear power plant will have to turn on between meals and burn muscle, you don’t want that.
    2.Consume enough calories to keep your body from thinking its starving but not so many calories that you gain fat, 10% under your TDEE is a good value to use. My calorie calculator will tell you exactly what that is for your type metabolism. Make sure to set your goal in step 6 to “10% calorie reduction”
    3.Proper nutrition, make every calorie count!
    1.eat unprocessed or minimally processed foods
    2.eat lots of fresh vegetables
    3.eat less than 30% of your calories from fat and eat only good fats like olives, nuts, and avocados
    4.eat whole grains and low G.I. carbs – no simple carbs like sugar, alcohol, or white flour
    5.eat omega-IIIs daily, flax or salmon are great sources
    4.Hardcore, consistent weight workouts. You can use my custom workout plan generator to design a workout plan appropriate for you.
    5.Daily cardio, 30-40min. Cardio will not burn muscle, it will help you gain muscle while losing fat at the same time.

Source:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/