Yoga & Muscle Building

Options
2»

Replies

• chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bikram is full of poses that compress your liver, kidney, etc in order to help them detox :)
  • nikolaim5
    Options
    Bikram is full of poses that compress your liver, kidney, etc in order to help them detox :)

The liver and kidneys remove toxins at the cellular level. Compressing, squeezing, poking, or playing classical music to your organs isn't going to help. :)

Yoga is great exercise though.
  • melrose09
    Options
    Don't worry about the weight so long as the mirror is telling you otherwise. When you weighed yourself in Dec had you been weighing yourself daily? Within 24hrs my weight will fluctuate 2 or 3 pounds. You may have weighed yourself at a light point in dec and then at a heavy point recently. Weighing yourself more consistently will give you a better idea of what's actually happening.

FYI, Hot yoga will not detox you or remove build up. Only your liver, lungs, and kidneys can do that.

LOVE THIS! I know it's hard, but don't get so wrapped up in the numbers. The mirror is a better indicator of your progress especially in the beginning. And it is soooo true about your weight fluctuating. I can definitely be a few pounds in either direction depending on the time of day I weigh myself, what I've eaten, if I went to the bathroom, etc. You're doing great, so don't let the scale discourage you. The numbers will follow, though! Keep it up, you are killin' it!